First, I tried using the search and got no results for the query. Is anybody else having problems with Facebook 1.7? Since last week, I got looged out automatically and when trying to log in I got errors like "There are no data services" or "Your logging session has expired" or "There was a problem cominicating with facebook". The odd thing is that this always happens in the afternoons after 3pm or so, every single day since last monday and stay like that until I go to bed. In the morning when I wake up, I open the application, log in and all is fine. Any ideas on this creepy issue?
    10-26-09 02:51 PM
    Glad to see its not only me. I have had this problem for about a week now. I have been having trouble with my acct via mobile web too, but it seems to be very hit and miss with me. Seems to work ok on my PC, but FB via mobile web or FB 1.7 struggles.

Anyone have any suggestions??
    10-26-09 03:18 PM
    I'm on Day 13. The magic "boot" time for me is usually 12:15 p.m. So bizarre. Lately I've been able to get on sporadically (both BB & PC) at other times. BTW, I started having this problem before 1.7 and the new layout.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 04:22 PM
    I'm having the same problem and its not just on my Blackberry, PC login seems to be problematic as well. Any link with accessing Facebook on my Blackberry and then on my PC?

This has been happening since I upgraded the OS on my Storm and the Facebook App on my Storm!!
    10-26-09 04:31 PM
    damn, so I am not alone on this. I have searched for info on this on google and all I found were problems back in early october
    10-26-09 04:40 PM
    Sheri, are you located on the west coast? Im on the east coast, so maybe my 3pm is your 12 if you are at the west coast and maybe all user that hace problems lost Fb at the same time frame.
    10-26-09 04:43 PM
    Same here... In NJ... Mobile Site seems to work, but the app itself gets the "Your session......."
    10-26-09 04:48 PM
    On a not so similar note... Has anyone had problems posting news clips to FB from the AP news reader? Everytime I try to post it either says that it is posted when its not, or that my FB username and password are not valid. It was working for me up until the end of August, and then it just would not cooperate. Anyone else have this problem?

10-26-09 04:54 PM
    Nope, I'm East Coast (CT). Some days it's 11:15, but most often it's 12:15 pm. I'M SO SICK OF IT!!!!

10-26-09 05:34 PM
    yeah, and I am a facebook abuser, many friends live away from me and that's the best way to keep in touch on a daily basis
    10-26-09 05:41 PM
    Here try this on you Blackberry go to Options >Advanced Options >Applications. Highlight the Facebook app >Hit Menu >Edit default permissions. Set all three to "Allow"

After you tried this do the battery pull and see, I've been trying for 20 mins or so, its seems to be working fingers cross!
    10-26-09 06:53 PM
    Here try this on you Blackberry go to Options >Advanced Options >Applications. Highlight the Facebook app >Hit Menu >Edit default permissions. Set all three to "Allow"

After you tried this do the battery pull and see, I've been trying for 20 mins or so, its seems to be working fingers cross!
    I already did this some days ago, and thought it worked, but on the next day, same thing. From previous comments I think we can conclude that the problems are on facebook database as it seems to be affecting few users
    10-26-09 07:37 PM
    This is what I just received from Facebook after sending them a million emails :

"Thanks for your report. Some users have been experiencing difficulty logging into and using the site for several days. Specific symptoms of this issue include:

� Inability to log in due to a "Site Maintenance" error message
    � Missing friends from the Friends page
    � Errors when trying to access Inbox

Unfortunately, we do not have a specific date for when this issue will be resolved, but we are working to fix it as soon as possible. Please note that this is a temporary display issue and no content has been removed from your account. Although we are unable respond to every bug report individually, we are reading them. We appreciate your patience."

10-27-09 06:49 PM
    Happens to me as well.

10-27-09 07:12 PM
    im in the uk and exactly the same thing is happening on my 8900.

glad its not just me to be honest
    10-27-09 07:20 PM
    I've been having issues for about 2 weeks now.

Mine seem to be resolved now because I've been on for about 1 hour or so and haven't had any issues so far.
    10-27-09 09:19 PM
    Same here. 2 weeks and today's the most problem-free day I've had since this all began. Hope it continues...

10-27-09 09:32 PM
    i am wishing rim makes a facebook app similar to the iphone's version of facebook. also the chat feature should be an option integrated within the app.
    10-27-09 09:51 PM
    This is what I just received from Facebook after sending them a million emails :

"Thanks for your report. Some users have been experiencing difficulty logging into and using the site for several days. Specific symptoms of this issue include:

� Inability to log in due to a "Site Maintenance" error message
    � Missing friends from the Friends page
    � Errors when trying to access Inbox

Unfortunately, we do not have a specific date for when this issue will be resolved, but we are working to fix it as soon as possible. Please note that this is a temporary display issue and no content has been removed from your account. Although we are unable respond to every bug report individually, we are reading them. We appreciate your patience."

I just received the same email from Facebook ( I only sent one to them though!! ). However have just logged in both on my phone and on PC and for the first time in about 2 weeks it worked first time. So I hope its finally fixed!!
    10-27-09 11:45 PM
    It won't open my contact info ( where all numbers, emails, etc are show) when i have FB 1.7 downloaded, but when i deleted 1.7 it was fine...wtf? Im looking for the last version of FB but no luck, so im either stuck with no FB or a bad one. is their a way to fix this?
    10-28-09 12:52 AM
    When I updated Facebook 1.7 ( I knew better but did it anyway ), I could no longer open chats on my BB Messenger 5.0. I deleted FB 1.7 and now my Messenger works just fine. Has anyone found an older version of FB that can be downloaded to the Bold?
    11-09-09 03:43 PM
    the problem is still there. any idea how to fix this????
    12-05-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD