im currently running on FB 1.9. then i noticed that whenever i get a new message, it doesnt show on my phone. i only see it when i open the FB inbox. is this part of the bug in 1.9? also the alert sound disappeared too, even though i see FB on the notification for applications on the profile section. can anyone verify this. thx a lot.
    02-08-11 07:30 PM
    I think you need to make sure that your "blackberry message application" is checked in the FB options to get notifications to your message box. I have mine turned to off, just because I was sick of it filling up my message inbox. I do think that 1.9 is very buggy though, because sometimes I get notifications, while other times I do not.
    02-08-11 07:39 PM
    this is a problem with facebook lately. I've had the problem and have tried reinstalling FB and that worked for a while. Then a couple days later it quit again. Then the next day it was fine. You're not alone!
    02-09-11 04:32 AM
    1.9 does seem a bit buggy. What I did to get the notifications working again, was on Facebook (through computer), I unchecked the "Facebook for Blackberry", saved, then rechecked it, then saved.

Then, on my Torch, in the FB options, I checked Blackberry Message application and checked Facebook notifications. I then logged out of FB on my phone and logged back in. They finally started working right.
    02-09-11 02:01 PM
    I noticed this today, too. I thought it was just me. This is the first time it's happened on 1.9, but it's happened to me before with other versions. Hopefully it sorts itself out soon enough. Waiting a day or so usually fixes it.
    02-10-11 02:01 AM
    I have a similar problem with my Facebook app, which I've actually now deleted as it was driving me mad.

Notifications when getting a new message / wall post were pretty much as normal. However, I have a constant notification message telling me I have 5 new notifications that just will not remove itself from my home screen.

I have un-installed, rebooted and battery pulled several times, but nothing works - it's still embedded there. Is there anything I could try to get rid of this?

Frankly this Facebook app is pathetic, haven't heard many with good words to say about it!
    02-10-11 05:27 AM
    Search for fb. A solution to notification issues has been provided many times and works on 1.8+.

As far as the notifications you cannot clear. Easy- within FB under Notifications mark them all as Unread by highlighting the latest date then hitting the BB Menu key and selecting Mark Prior Opened. Now on the Messages go into each message and sub message. Wait 5s per step. The alarms will clear.
    02-10-11 08:23 AM
    I have a similar problem with my Facebook app, which I've actually now deleted as it was driving me mad.

Notifications when getting a new message / wall post were pretty much as normal. However, I have a constant notification message telling me I have 5 new notifications that just will not remove itself from my home screen.

I have un-installed, rebooted and battery pulled several times, but nothing works - it's still embedded there. Is there anything I could try to get rid of this?

Frankly this Facebook app is pathetic, haven't heard many with good words to say about it!

I think i can help, that is unopened messages, go to messaging then while on the list view go on top of the page with the day and date. press the menu and choose the mark all open.
    02-10-11 08:24 AM
    Thanks guys. i really do believe its buggy (1.9). never had these probs on 1.8. hope they can find a fix soon...coz this thing is getting me crazy!!! i'll try the tips i got here...hopefully they will work. Again, thanks a bunch.
    02-10-11 03:02 PM
    Hi folks, I'm new here and new to the world of crackberries. I'm having the same issue since I installed 1.9. I don't get any notifications on my phone at all.

Also just today I noticed that I couldn't upload a pic from my phone to facebook, could this be related??
    02-22-11 01:29 PM
    I started having the same problems about a week ago. I decided to try looking at FB on a computer and see how those settings looked. I found almost everything in notifications un-checked. Even the BB app was un-checked. I went ahead and checked the ones I wanted and now I'm waiting to see if it starts working again. I'm not sure HOW that could have happened but it did.

Mattaua, I can only get pics to upload by going into media, getting the pic fullscreen, hitting the menu key and going to share. That seems to work just fine. I have never been able to get pics onto FB from the app itself.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 05:50 PM

Mattaua, I can only get pics to upload by going into media, getting the pic fullscreen, hitting the menu key and going to share. That seems to work just fine. I have never been able to get pics onto FB from the app itself.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thats funny cause i have the exact opposite problem. I can get them to post from the app, but not from the media "send to" function
    02-22-11 06:16 PM
    Having major FB issues here, too. About a week ago, I stopped getting notifications. Then, 8 times out of 10 when I went to FB, nothing would refresh..I couldn't see any comments or pics. Yesterday, I noticed that the option to send a pic to FB wasn't even listed anymore.

I deleted it and reinstalled and it's working a little better now. I had to do a battery pull for it to be listed in my BerryBuzz app and for the send pic to FB option to come back.

Very weird and frustrating!! I guess I'll wait and see how long it works this time...
    02-22-11 06:36 PM
    we have this FB 2.0.0.50 installed on my bold 9900 and my partners torch 9810

It works fine other than it doesn't notify for individual messages, it notifies for wall posts etc and responses . When I go to the drop down lhs menu and select "messages" , wait for it to refresh and the message will appear

its got to be something simple , any ideas?
    11-03-11 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD