I was one of the lucky ones who got the 4.5 release from Verizon before they switched it back to 4.3. Now I can not find the Facebook Icon, I did the upgrade on both mine and my wifes Pinkberry and its no where to be found on hers also.

When I go to applications and desktop manager, it both lists Facebook and is checked on desktop manager. Anyone else missing facebook also?

Probably one of the reasons why they switched back to 4.3.
    10-31-08 11:43 PM
    Did you check to see if the icon was hidden?
    10-31-08 11:52 PM
    Did you check to see if the icon was hidden?
    Yes I did.
    10-31-08 11:55 PM
    Could someone point me in the direction to download the app? I tried to use the link from "Popular Download Links" but it won't load correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 06:42 AM
    go to facebook.com from the BB browser, click download mobile version for blackberry
    11-01-08 07:43 AM
    Thanks b.rich. Works great now.

11-01-08 07:48 AM
    My Facebook Icon Disappeared also with the upgrade. I downloaded it again and installed it. I got a message asking me if I wanted to replace Facebook Version XXX with the same number. I clicked ok and everything seemed to work fine.

I now notice there is an Facebook Icon at the top of the desktop with a number "2" next to it. I'm not sure why it's there. Any Ideas? I don't seems to have any messages from Facebook. Is there two applications of Facebook running? I don't know.

I just go my Blackberry about 10 days ago so I'm still learning about how it works.
    11-10-08 10:58 AM
    I had the same problem when I upgraded. I simply redownloaded the app and it works fine now.

11-10-08 11:28 AM
    Same thing happened to me when I upgraded to 4.5

I just went to facebook.com, went to download facebook blackberry app, it asked if I wanted to replace my current facebook app with this one, I said yes, and the new one's icon appeared and is working like normal...so far.
    11-10-08 11:30 AM
    The new 4.5 os has a new icon called My services it looks like a yellow folder your Facebook icon is in here and yes you can move it out.
    12-14-08 02:49 PM
    I'm glad I found this thread, as the same thing happened to me when I upgraded to the 4.5 OS; the Facebook icon just disappeared even though the App loader on the BB Desktop Manager showed that it was still there. The weird thing is that when I removed the app through the manager, the icon magically reappeared! Once I clicked on it, it prompted me to redownload. No problems now. The "2f" icon just means you have two messages. I got it too. They're just weclome to Facebook messages, read them or delete them and that message icon will go away.
    12-30-08 10:20 AM
    Is the FB app as useless on the Curve, as it is on the Storm?

The FB app on my iphone kicks **** ... having that got me addicted to using FB!! But now that i have this app on the storm, ive used it for about 10min in 2 weeks.
    12-30-08 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD