*EDIT* In case my title isn't clear, I meant on .230 (the hybrid leak, probably the full version too) _as well as_ the 230/238 hybrid.

I haven't done a proper scientific process to test this theory, but this is what I've seen over the course of three days (approximately 72 hours):

Applications:
    • Completely shrunk lyricidal "hybrid" 230 for first day (24 hours) and completely shrunk hybrid 230/238 for next 2 days (48 hours), minus Default Tones/Themes/Fonts
    • UberTwitter running at all times
    • BugMe trial version running at all times
    • Facebook 1.6.0.22 running at all times for the first 48 hours, but not the last 24
    • No other third party apps running; installed, but never executed/run

Usage:
    • Blackberry used sparingly
    • Check messages, UberTwitter updates, Facebook messages, and BugMe status updates whenever they pop up
    • Sent a few texts and did a total of two or three phone calls over the course of these three days, each call lasting no more than three minutes
    • Battery pull sometime between ~12 and ~24 hours of use

Memory went from ~45MB at initial boot to ~25 MB at the end of the first 15 hours on 230.

A similar phenomena was witnessed with .238 Hybrid, which I installed within hours of it being released, where memory dipped down to ~22MB after about 50,000 to 60,000 seconds, which is ~14 hours. I recall seeing it run for .

My BB has ~84,000 seconds uptime right now, which is about 24 hours, and it started at ~47MB and is now at ~43.67MB without having Facebook run in the background for that time period.

The HOG in my title could not be emphasized further. I noticed my memory dying last week, compared to a fairly stable 191 which never dipped below ~48MB for me, when I finally installed the 5.0 compatible Facebook, so I decided to let it run in the background for a few days to see if it was the culprit or not. See if Facebook is also killing your memory on 191, 230 hybrid, 230 full, and 230/238 hybrid and please post your findings.
    10-01-09 03:40 PM
    its possibly, Facebook has always been hit and miss for people i think. I have been using the mobile site for the most part. Although might go back to the app once 1.7 hits
    10-01-09 03:44 PM
    Yes it is a memory drag. I don't see the hype in facebook app. It has a couple features that mobile has but my launcher works best and very little memory footprint

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 03:52 PM
    Yes it is a memory drag. I don't see the hype in facebook app. It has a couple features that mobile has but my launcher works best and very little memory footprint

What totally blows my mind with the FB app is that it doesn't let you view another person's profile, only their wall, "what's on your mind" status updates, pictures, and their friends list. The central feature to Facebook is keeping in touch with people, which includes both friending them and viewing other people's public information to see how they are doing.

Do they still have the same interests as you from high school? Are they getting married so you can congratulate them and possibly go to their wedding and sleep with all the bridesmaids? Where do they live so if you're in town you can call them and meet up? The FB app lacks the capability for all of this.
    10-02-09 08:45 AM
    It also is Ubertwitter. The more it updates, the more memory its draining as well. But you've inspired me to delete the Facebook app
    10-02-09 09:57 AM
    my main gripe with MY facebook app [on my phone] is I can view photos from my friends, comments and all, but I can't view my own photo comments, or my pictures
    10-02-09 10:02 AM
    Then u have to use the mobile sight.
    my main gripe with MY facebook app [on my phone] is I can view photos from my friends, comments and all, but I can't view my own photo comments, or my pictures
    10-02-09 10:56 AM
    ClassaN0va:

Using fb app - just click on the icon to the left of the notification icon (top left corner for me). Then click on your profile pick. Should be 2 small icons below. One is your albums and one is photos of you.
    10-02-09 11:28 AM
    No no. My facebook app wasnt letting me send the photos in period
    10-02-09 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD