Every since I've updated my Facebook App to the newest version I haven't been able to use Facebook Places. When I click on the Places icon it says "Unable to retrieve your location - Please try again later". Anyone know what's going on? It doesn't matter where I am, I keep seeing that message.
    08-04-11 10:57 PM
    Turn your Location Services on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 11:31 PM
    How do you change that setting?
    08-05-11 12:12 PM
    If you're referring to Options>Advanced Options>GPS>GPS Services, then yes, I already have had it turned on and it hasn't been working.
    08-05-11 01:45 PM
    have been researching this for a friend who is now suffering through the same problem. turning on your locational services (under advanced options) is a logical step but it's likely not the answer. this problem may be linked to your phone's installed os. you may want to upgrade to the current (leaked or official) os6 version available. that seems the most common, most reliable solution.
    08-07-11 01:50 PM
    Either update, or remove and reinstall facebook for blackberry. Mine never has issues with the places. make sure you're outside or GPS gets funky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 02:07 AM
    have been researching this for a friend who is now suffering through the same problem. turning on your locational services (under advanced options) is a logical step but it's likely not the answer. this problem may be linked to your phone's installed os. you may want to upgrade to the current (leaked or official) os6 version available. that seems the most common, most reliable solution.
    How do I make this upgrade?
    08-08-11 02:12 AM
    Im also trying to help a friend with this problem. Has anyone found a fix that works?
    anyone else with this problem? location services have been turned on.
    What os version works if any?
    thanks
    08-23-11 02:33 AM
    I recently got the BB Torch 9800 and "places" seems to only work when I have wifi.

I have updated the OS via blackberry.com

Deleted and reinstalled FB

Switched GPS to "location on"

Tried switching on Maps (though it says location not found)

Tried the wireless BB update, which tells me everything is up to date

Tried a battery pull

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

11-19-11 05:33 PM
    my 9800 and my friend's 9700 fb check-ins don't work either. one way to check-in is to install foursquare, check-in from there and post it to fb.
    11-20-11 10:51 AM
    MY FB places/ check in feature stopped working. I have a 9630 tour on VERIZON. The phones GPS works fine. The check in feature worked fine up until i instlled the new versino of FB. any suggestions?
    05-25-12 03:41 PM
    MY FB places/ check in feature stopped working. I have a 9630 tour on VERIZON. The phones GPS works fine. The check in feature worked fine up until i instlled the new versino of FB. any suggestions?
    I guess it's a glitch with the facebook app, or facebook's API. I would assume it's the api not working, or broken, giving you an error if it did.
    05-25-12 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD