hey guys, on the facebook app... on my curve whenever I had a person that I was both friends with on facebook and had in my phone, it would automatically sync the facebook account and phonebook account and add the profile pic, job title, etc.

But for some reason on the tour, its not doing it automacitally. Does it do it from time to time on its own or what? I did check the options in the facebook, and all boxes are checked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    08-19-09 08:43 PM
    Same thing is for me. I'm assuming the person didn't put enough info on there profile to be able to match up with just a name and number entry on the phone.
    08-19-09 09:34 PM
    A few threads about this same issue already.

To sum it up: it's a problem with facebook app. To get a new picture you have to manually refresh that contact in the facebook app by using the friends list.

Facebook is aware and hopefully working on a fix soon.
    08-19-09 10:10 PM
    A few threads about this same issue already.

To sum it up: it's a problem with facebook app. To get a new picture you have to manually refresh that contact in the facebook app by using the friends list.

Facebook is aware and hopefully working on a fix soon.
    lol I have no idae why I didn't look first, I know thats the first thing they tell new people... lol sorry

so when you say manually refresh, do you mean go to the contact and just link them to the facebook name?

Good news that fb is aware of it... thanks again!
    08-19-09 11:06 PM
    Go to your friends list in the facebook app.

friends that are associated with a contact will have a book icon. Highlight one of those, hit options key, and refresh blackberry contact.
    08-19-09 11:32 PM
    yes ive gone through friend list about every two weeks and refresh every contact that appears in both. quite a pain in the ****. to top it off the facebook picture is blurry when recieving a call. a update is in order.
    08-20-09 01:04 AM
    Go to your friends list in the facebook app.

friends that are associated with a contact will have a book icon. Highlight one of those, hit options key, and refresh blackberry contact.
    This worked for me. Thanks!!!
    08-20-09 06:15 AM
    yeah doing each person is way to much for me... thanks for the tip though, I have a lot of friends on both Facebook and contacts so I hope this update does come out... thanks!
    08-23-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD