I guess there was an update for Facebook a little while ago and I automatically did it. Is there anyway to go back to the old version? This new version takes way tooooooo long to load up on my Tour. Any info would be greatly appreciated - THANKS in advance.
    11-04-09 01:04 PM
    Not sure if this can work for you. I agree, I hate the new Facebook app! Its slow and not all of my posts are showing up is what I am being told. I save my COD files on my laptop so I deleted the new update and installed the old one and it wouldnt work properly as far as seeing my friends comments. So I am stuck back with the new update.

Here is the mobile link to download Facebooka and it offers the 1.6 version but not sure why it says I can not download it for my Bold but this might work for you.

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...&CPID=REDIRECT
    11-05-09 03:02 PM
    I have a link to the 1.5 version in my profile if you guys are interested.
    11-05-09 05:55 PM
    I have a link to the 1.5 version in my profile if you guys are interested.
    Thanks I'll check it out later but I have that and 1.6 saved and it's weird it works fine but when reinstaled if I comment to a friend it let's me but blocks out their comment. So I just stuck with the update. I'll still check it out thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 06:02 PM
    I found a source for downloading Facebook 1.6 .There is this Crackberry thread for reverting back to Facebook 1.6 (if that link doesn't work try this one), it included a sendspace download link (OS 4.6), the author states it's for the 8900 but it will work with the Bold/9000.

It is a RAR file (although I subsequently discovered ZIP files in post #27), I had to download Z-Zip to extract the RAR, I then used Desktop Manager (5.0) and loaded the application on. I am working fine now. (Note: the instructions tell you to uninstall version 1.7 first--which I did--and also to do a battery-pull after the 1.7 uninstall, which I don't recall doing, but it seems okay anyway.)

I have the same problem as others, I have the Bold 9000 and I consented to the Facebook notification of "new version available, do you wish to download?" (or whatever)--and afterwards, couldn't get onto the Facebook server, it apparently needed for me to have a BIS (which I don't), and I was searching all over the place for Facebook 1.6, to no avail--and the normal OTA link gave me the "unsupported device" error others had mentioned. I searched far & wide for a link for downloading-installing 1.6, and found it at the links above. All is well now.
    Last edited by larrytxeast; 11-06-09 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Found Facebook 1.6 link(s)
    11-05-09 10:02 PM
    I have tried all three of the ALX/CODs listed that used to work for my Blackberry 8350i that was on Boost Mobile, they dont work for my Tour thats on OS v4.7

I know there was a facebook for the Tour 1.6.0.22 I believe that worked with the Tour's OS v4.7 but I cant find it..

thanks if someone can help me out with it!!!!
    04-22-10 12:57 PM
    I found a source for downloading Facebook 1.6 .There is this Crackberry thread for reverting back to Facebook 1.6 (if that link doesn't work try this one), it included a sendspace download link (OS 4.6), the author states it's for the 8900 but it will work with the Bold/9000.

It is a RAR file (although I subsequently discovered ZIP files in post #27), I had to download Z-Zip to extract the RAR, I then used Desktop Manager (5.0) and loaded the application on. I am working fine now. (Note: the instructions tell you to uninstall version 1.7 first--which I did--and also to do a battery-pull after the 1.7 uninstall, which I don't recall doing, but it seems okay anyway.)

I have the same problem as others, I have the Bold 9000 and I consented to the Facebook notification of "new version available, do you wish to download?" (or whatever)--and afterwards, couldn't get onto the Facebook server, it apparently needed for me to have a BIS (which I don't), and I was searching all over the place for Facebook 1.6, to no avail--and the normal OTA link gave me the "unsupported device" error others had mentioned. I searched far & wide for a link for downloading-installing 1.6, and found it at the links above. All is well now.
    I installed facebook 1.6 but it's not showing up anywhere, I tried "Show all" thingy and also pull my battery many times but nothing works. I also installed from different sources but nothing seems to work.. What should I do?
    06-04-13 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD