CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Facebook Notifications Won't Leave Home Screen

My blackberry curve froze up, so I took out the battery and rebooted it and when I did this, 12 new facebook notifications showed up that I don't actually have and I can't get the notification icon off my home screen.

I've tried to take out the battery and reboot again - failed
    I restarted the phone normally - failed
    I uninstalled and then reinstalled the facebook ap - failed
    CrackBerry User

Open the Facebook app and go through your past few messages/notifications. Actually open and close them, even if they are not new. This should fix it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

After I reinstalled the app, all of my messages and notifications were gone, so there is nothing to go through and delete.

I've even deleted messages on the facebook website and the notification still won't go away
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

Did you go into the main Messages folder on the BlackBerry and mark the notification as Read?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

This is my problem. I have no messages/notifications to open/read. These mysterious notifications showed up when I had to reboot my phone after it froze up. There are no actual notifications, so how do I get rid of the icon if there isn't anything I can check?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by aawegner View Post
    This is my problem. I have no messages/notifications to open/read. These mysterious notifications showed up when I had to reboot my phone after it froze up. There are no actual notifications, so how do I get rid of the icon if there isn't anything I can check?
    This has happened to me before! You have to login to the Facebook app on your phone and go to the notification settings. They will usually be bolder than just the regular messages-I usually get the icon popping up when I restart the phone due to some photos I take on my 8330 sometimes fail if I am not in a good service area. It takes about 5 seconds to erase the notifications from Facebook.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

It doesn't matter what notification setting I have, it doesn't get rid of the icon on my home screen. I have absolutely no notifications of any kind to check or delete.
    Signing out of my account on the app took it away, I guess I won't be able to stay signed in...that or deal with the stupid "notifications" I don't have. So annoying.
    CrackBerry Newbie

It doesn't matter what notification setting I have, it doesn't get rid of the icon on my home screen. I have absolutely no notifications of any kind to check or delete.
    Signing out of my account on the app took it away, I guess I won't be able to stay signed in...that or deal with the stupid "notifications" I don't have. So annoying.

Check older notifications-it may be bolded as maybe you uploaded a pic or two and it failed, etc. Just humor me.....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

I don't want to come off rude, but READ what I'm posting. When I open my notifications "folder" it is EMPTY. I have NO notifications to open at all, old or new, nothing is in bold. I know how to check notifications, my whole point is that I don't have any, but my phone is telling me I have 12!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

So just to make sure we are understanding, in the Messages application of your BlackBerry (not the Facebook app), you don't have any Facebook messages.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I don't want to come off rude, but READ what I'm posting. When I open my notifications "folder" it is EMPTY. I have NO notifications to open at all, old or new, nothing is in bold. I know how to check notifications, my whole point is that I don't have any, but my phone is telling me I have 12!
    Okay, sorry for doubting you. I hate it too when people think that I'm an ***** so I shouldn't have come off like that towards you.

Hmm...try deleting Facebook and reinstalling it?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

@Motorcycle Mama - I have no messages in my facebook app or in my blackberry messages. I do not have any notifications anywhere on my phone, anywhere.

@scottylightning - This is nothing personal towards you, I'm just frustrated and I'm trying to say it as clearly as I can that there are NO notifications, but my facebook notification is constantly on my home screen saying I have 12, when I have none. I also already tried to uninstall and reinstall twice, the same notification pops up AND it deleted my address book.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Magic! I signed out of my facebook app earlier today, and when I just signed back in the notifications were gone. Makes no sense to me, but whatever, they're gone.
    Thanked by 2:
    calebsmommy2011 (09-05-2011),  princess_bb (01-20-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Checking my notifications worked for me...finally! I was going nuts trying to figure out why that **** was still showing up on there! It was two posts that didn't go through...just open it and hit cancel and wha-laa... Thank you!
    Thanked by:
    calebsmommy2011 (09-05-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up Thaaaaaaaaaaank you!!!!

Holy ****!!! I have been trying all day and night to figure out how to get rid of that damn notifier and it's been driving me banana nut sandwich! I logged out and back in, then I saw that my email was notifying me that I had emails I had previously read before but BB decided I needed to read them again... RIM needs to give their heads a shake, but at least the problem is now fixed!! YAAAAY!!! Thanks bunches for the help on the forum guys!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I have a problem my blackberry 9800 now doesn't show my facebook notifacation on home screan but bef

My blackberry curve froze up, so I took out the battery and rebooted it and when I did this, 12 new facebook notifications showed up that I don't actually have and I can't get the notification icon off my home screen.

I've tried to take out the battery and reboot again - failed
    I restarted the phone normally - failed
    I uninstalled and then reinstalled the facebook ap - failed
    CrackBerry Newbie