Is there a way to change the settings for my Facebook App so I don't receive notifications from people who are NOT on my friends list?

Right now if I happen to comment on someone's post, I get notifications from people who commented after me on the same post and I don't even know them!! I went in to settings on the app, and on the website and I can't seem to find anything.

Is changing this even possible?

Thanks!
    07-24-09 10:56 AM
    I couldn't find a way to fix that either so I just muted the sound to facebook. I know not the fix you were looking for but I don't have to hear facebook go off 1000 times a day. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 11:10 AM
    Damn. There really should be a setting for this. I mean why would I want to get a 100 messages from people who posted after me from people I don't even know!! =/ Maybe I'll do what you did and turn off the sound.
    07-24-09 11:17 AM
    You can modify your preferences on Facebook on the web. Go into settings and set those "comment after me" messages to "off."

07-24-09 12:09 PM
    You can modify your preferences on Facebook on the web. Go into settings and set those "comment after me" messages to "off."

I did turn "comment after me" to off. I still get the notifications on my BB.
    07-24-09 12:19 PM

Hm, I just saw I didn't have "comment after me in a wall story" turned off. maybe that's the one.
    07-24-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD