i have the BB9100 3G for starters. i setup the FB app on my phone and ever since it has been showing that i have 2 notifications on the little icon on the home screen. i have done a battery pull and that didn't help, then i uninstalled/reinstalled w/ battery pull and it's still not removing the notifications.

has anyone else had this problem and can help me fix this issue ?

is there maybe a setting i have overlooked or something i need to do on my online account ?

my twitter app was doing the same but an uninstall/reinstall fixed that, but not the FB one.

oh, also.... i still get current notifications and they do clear once i have viewed them, but it still keeps the 2 original notifications there.
    12-25-10 03:18 PM
    They are probably the initial instructions when you set up your facebook. Go to the notifications icon in the facebook app and clear everything there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 03:32 PM
    i have the BB9100 3G for starters. i setup the FB app on my phone and ever since it has been showing that i have 2 notifications on the little icon on the home screen. i have done a battery pull and that didn't help, then i uninstalled/reinstalled w/ battery pull and it's still not removing the notifications.

has anyone else had this problem and can help me fix this issue ?

is there maybe a setting i have overlooked or something i need to do on my online account ?

my twitter app was doing the same but an uninstall/reinstall fixed that, but not the FB one.

oh, also.... i still get current notifications and they do clear once i have viewed them, but it still keeps the 2 original notifications there.
    IF you are completely, 100% sure that you have gone to all sections of the facebook app and viewed each item, I would presume there is a FB DATABASE on the phone that you could delete, using DM.
    12-25-10 03:42 PM
    i seem to have fixed the issue... i just deleted all my messages (sent and received) and it seems to have gotten rid of the notification problem.

still don't know what caused it to do that as i had read all those messages so it wasn't like i missed something... but whatever, it's now fixed.
    12-25-10 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD