Ok so here's the deal, I haven't been receiving no type of notifications with my blackberry facebook app?? What can the problem be I've tried everything! Now I'm forced to use the phones browser so I can tell when I have new wall posts and stuff! How do I get my facebook app fully operational! PLEEEEASSE HELP!
    Note: blackberry bold 9700 w/ tmobile version: 5.0.0.330

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 08:33 PM
    when you say you've "tried everything", can you list some of the "everything" you've tried.

i would, first, make sure that the email address you have associated with FB is also setup to receive email on your BB.
    04-04-10 08:38 PM
    Lol well I guess when I say "everything" I basically mean go over the facebook options and make sure everythin is on... Is there other stuff I should do?

04-04-10 08:42 PM
    Set and save your settings, then try a battery pull. Worked for me.

04-04-10 09:02 PM
    Yea I jus did dat so hopefully it'll start workin

04-04-10 09:10 PM
    Delete the email off your facebook account. Re-Register the @tmobile.blackberry.net email to facebook instead, then push your service books.
    04-04-10 09:34 PM
    the fb email address needs to be one of the addresses on your phone. you also need to make sure you are logged into the FB app. then, make sure you deselect the option to keep notification emails on the server. this will double up notifications.

the app uses email notification in order to send its notifications, then deletes the email. if your email notifications are working or set up right, they wont come into the app.
    04-04-10 11:48 PM
    aight thanks so i got it workin wit the email address on my facebook... now how do i double up on notifications?? is it by deselecting "leave email notification messages on mail server"???? pleaseee biggg help!
    04-05-10 12:12 PM
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled FB mobile and that didn't work.

I have done a battery pull reset and that did nothing.

The email address I have associated with my FB is also associated with my 9700

I have made sure all necessary options have been selected as far as I can tell

And I STILL am not getting any notifications from FB Mobile on my phone. WTF?
    05-07-10 04:43 PM
    Do you have it set to send you an e-mail for all of the notifications you would like to receive on your phone? All the app does is takes the e-mail that facebook sends out and pulls the info into the application, so no e-mail, no notifications.
    05-07-10 05:10 PM
    Do you have it set to send you an e-mail for all of the notifications you would like to receive on your phone? All the app does is takes the e-mail that facebook sends out and pulls the info into the application, so no e-mail, no notifications.
    Yes.

I noticed this morning that my Facebook folder/filter in Gmail was empty even though I've gotten lots of notifications that I should have gotten emails for. and they're not in my junkmail filter. Which makes no sense since I just verified that all my necessary 'send email notifications' are turned on.
    05-08-10 09:13 AM
    Yes.

I noticed this morning that my Facebook folder/filter in Gmail was empty even though I've gotten lots of notifications that I should have gotten emails for. and they're not in my junkmail filter. Which makes no sense since I just verified that all my necessary 'send email notifications' are turned on.
    That may be your problem. If you auto-archive your facebook messages, they won't get sent to your phone, so they won't show up in the app.

Change your notification e-mail to your BB email address. Facebook intercepts them anyway so they won't clog your BB mail inbox and they won't clog up your gmail inbox either.

Your notification email doesn't have to be the same as the email you list on Facebook. I have it set up that way and the address still isn't visible on my page. Works perfectly.

As an alternative, you could have your facebook filter in Gmail automatically forward to your facebook alerts to your BB address. Then everything could still stay the way you have it.
    05-08-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD