I have the latest version of FB for blackberry (version 1.6.0.21) which I installed on my new Blackberry Bold yesterday. Previously, I had this version installed on my Blackberry Curve. However, despite the same version installed on my phones, the notifications are displaying differently in my messages folder.

Before, if someone sent me a message through FB, I would get the notificatification and, when I opened the message on by blackberry, I would see my friend's thumbnail pic at the top along with the message title. Below that would would be the message body and below the message body would be a box for me to type a reply message and then I would click on the reply button on the bottom to send the reply.

Instead of this layout, now there is no thumbnail pic of my friend and there is only 1 large box with the text of the message typed at the top and a URL link on the bottom of the box if I want to reply. If I click on the link, it launches my blackberry browser and I go to the mobile site. I do not like this layout and I want the old way back.

How do I get it back how it was before? I tried deleting and reinstalling the app. I also tried running the setup wizard again and selecting all options. It is not going back to how it was and it is frustrating. Please help.
    09-18-09 01:42 PM
    Only way to fix it would be to find the previous version of FB. Nothing else is going to fix your prob. Good luck.
    09-18-09 02:27 PM
    But I had the same version of FB installed on both phones. I don't even know how to find previous versions
    09-18-09 02:33 PM
    Actually that is not really the issue. FB is doing an upgrade so there are a lot of funky things going on. You may have notice the notifications have stopped or slowed down as well. I guess stay tuned to FB because there is a new version coming out soon too.
    09-18-09 02:36 PM
    I've noticed and verified through MeterBerry, that the Facebook application has a signifigant memory leak now, it wasn't like this before. Anyone else notice this?
    09-18-09 02:39 PM
    What does that mean SevereDeceit? "signifigant memory leak"?
    09-18-09 02:41 PM
    What does that mean SevereDeceit? "signifigant memory leak"?
    A big memory leak, it's been running fine on my device for months. Once the issues have started lately with the facebook application, I noticed my application memory has been lower than usual. I set MeterBerry to log my memory and it appears Facebook is the culprit. My memory will be stable and if I open the Facebook app and use it, it will drop fast...
    09-18-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD