I have Facebook installed on my Blackberry. It is currently telling me that I have two notifications, but when I go to it there is nothing new. I have tried a battery pull twice. I have also gone to the extreme of uninstalling it and re-downloading it to put back on my device. That made it disappear for a few mins, but then all of a sudden it was back. Any ideas?

Cause seeing that "2" is annoying me, and the logo and "2" on my home screen too.
    06-18-11 12:09 PM
    I had this problem too and I tried checking for new notifications and nothing. I did the battery pull twice and still nothing. It ended up not actually being a new notification but I tried 'liking' a friends status and it didn't go through, that's why it was there. It was just telling me that it failed. If you have fb set up to show notifications in your messages folder look through it to see if an update or comment, etc. failed to go through and delete them. I did that and it got rid of the fb symbol
    06-18-11 05:12 PM
    Unfortunately that is not it either.
    06-18-11 05:30 PM
    Have you tried checking your fb on the bb browser or off a computer? Maybe that will help
    06-18-11 06:08 PM
    Tried both.
    06-18-11 06:14 PM
    Damn when did it first show up?
    06-18-11 06:16 PM
    Have you gone through your BB message box and opened all your FB notifications there (even old ones, I've had old messages pop up as new ones)? I've found that helped get rid of the problem. Or, like this morning, I couldn't find an unopened rogue notification but as soon as the next notification came in (so now it's showing 2) and I opened that and the '2' notifications disappeared.

Also, you can try logging out of your account in the FB app and logging back in.
    06-18-11 09:16 PM
    medicinILL: I can't remember. It was either last night or this morning.

evil.bunny: everything is opened. I even tried uninstalling and then re-installing FB on my phone this morning. That didn't work either.
    06-18-11 10:00 PM
    OH MY GOSHHHHH!!!!!!!!! The logging out and then logging in thing worked! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!

EDIT: take that back. The 2 came right back. UGH.
    06-18-11 10:01 PM
    Hmm... Odd. What if you log out again but wait a couple hours before you log back in, you think that might work??
    06-18-11 11:01 PM
    I've had this problem a few times and the only way I've found to get rid of it is by either searching through my notifications and there's usually one there or by highlighting a date on the FB app, hitting the blackberry menu key and clicking on delete prior.

Be warned though it usually re-appears when I reboot my blackberry!
    06-22-11 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD