Okay, here is my predicament. I want to have my notifications coming up on facebook on my blackberry app. BUT i dont want the emails coming in on my inbox on my hotmail. so i was gunna put them in junk? but wouldnt that stop the notifications on my phone? help please.
    05-31-10 12:41 PM
    Just try it and see if it works. Only way you're really going to be sure.
    05-31-10 12:51 PM
    the way i have it is i send any fbook mail straight to junk/delete on my gmail account. but i have the fb app which still gives me pushed notifications. easy as that
    05-31-10 12:56 PM
    Can you change the notification email to your BB address? Then there's no inbox to get cluttered.
    05-31-10 01:02 PM
    Open Facebook> Hit menu button> Options> Uncheck "leave email notification messages on server"

Yes, easy as that...
    05-31-10 01:05 PM
    sure, just change your facebook account settings to another email adress
    05-31-10 01:05 PM
    oon the leave email on server thing... would i still need to put in junk?
    05-31-10 01:19 PM
    Yes.......
    05-31-10 01:22 PM
    Nope, just uncheck that option and you won't receive any emails in your account once you check and/or delete the notification on your BB. The FB app doesn't have many options, but that option is there, that's exactly what you wanted.

The other options suggested above are pointless work arounds that really don't do what you wanted.
    Last edited by ridesno159; 05-31-10 at 01:27 PM.
    05-31-10 01:24 PM
    Nope, just uncheck that option and you won't receive any emails in your account. They will just come to your BB as a FB notification. The FB app doesn't have many options, but that option is there, that's exactly what you wanted.

The other options suggested above are pointless work arounds that really don't do what you wanted.
    Are you absolutely sure they don't leave the emails on the server? I've had
    that unchecked and I could have sworn that it leaves emails.
    05-31-10 01:26 PM
    its still leaving emails?

EEDDDDDIIIIIIIITTT it comes up that it is but it actually isnt. cheers dude.
    05-31-10 01:28 PM
    Once deleted and check on your BB they won't show up at all in your email account. I just checked my inbox and there are no FB notifications in it.
    05-31-10 01:28 PM
    nope! it is leaving emails!
    05-31-10 01:30 PM
    Do a battery pull and make sure you open the notification on your BB when you get it. There should be an email in your inbox if you haven't opened the notification on your BB. If that bothers you then make them go into your junk folder. It shouldn't be needed though.
    05-31-10 01:33 PM
    so i have to open it on my app before the email comes? so like a race?
    05-31-10 01:35 PM
    No, An email will come to both your computer and the BB at the same time. It will be an email on the computer, but a FB notification on your BB. This way if your at your computer you can check the FB notification there instead of on your BB.

Now, when you open and/or delete the FB notification on your BB the email in your actual inbox will disappear.
    05-31-10 01:38 PM
    Doesnt make sense to me sorry.
    05-31-10 01:51 PM
    Alright maybe this will help. Log off of your email account on the computer, ignore that for a little bit, don't even look at it. Now, when you get a FB notification on your BB (doesn't matter what kind it is). Open it, read it, check it, view it, look at it, whatever. Now log back in to your inbox on the computer, the email shouldn't be there because you already opened and viewed it on your BB.
    05-31-10 01:58 PM
    Once deleted and check on your BB they won't show up at all in your email account. I just checked my inbox and there are no FB notifications in it.
    This is how I have mine set up and I never get the emails on my server. This tip should do the trick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD