New to the BB world! Was wondering if there was a way to get my facebook notifications to pop up in my SMS/MMS box or my 'Messages' Box. ?

Thanks!!!
    05-19-10 07:57 AM
    I believe I have seen this option but didn't turn it on. I can't remember exactly where but you may try looking in the options when in the facebook app. I believe this to be where it was.
    05-19-10 10:21 PM
    another thing also is to check and add your BB's email to Facebook, so the notifications get sent to the device! Also if it is set up that way, they WILL show up in the messages folder, as well as the FB app notification!
    05-19-10 10:44 PM
    another thing also is to check and add your BB's email to Facebook, so the notifications get sent to the device! Also if it is set up that way, they WILL show up in the messages folder, as well as the FB app notification!
    I have mine that way and find I don't get as many e-mail notifications as I use to when I just had my cable provider e-mail listed. You are correct that it sends the message to the inbox which is good when I do get them (of course this is with the FB application also). I have had limited to no success in trying to set up the SMS/MMS. I would get the initial test message to confirm success or give you directions to set it up, after that, not a single text.
    05-20-10 11:36 AM
    i've set mine up to use my gmail account, still get them near instantly, and they're available on my computer more easily as well.

have never seen an option for them to show up in the text messages folder though.
    05-25-10 11:21 AM
    If you have a friend(s) set up for sms notifications on Facebook, their updates will show up as a text in your msg folder (if you have added your cell & set up sms of course)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 12:45 AM
    I may be misunderstanding you here but have you gone into <options> in your FB app menu and checked the box marked "Blackberry Message Application"? This does not involve your email inbox or sms. It simply takes the notifications that you have set up on the regular website and pushes them to your phone.
    06-06-10 06:45 PM
    My Facebook notifications only went to the Facebook app (which I liked) before I did the Blackberry software update about a week ago. Now I get the Facebook notifications to my inbox (gmail) and to the Facebook app. I would like to only receive the Facebook notifications in the Facebook app but can not find a setting in the in the Facebook app or the device email options.
    07-12-10 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD