since getting the replacement phone i dont get notifications anymore, but my email still works on the phone. anyone know?
    01-11-10 10:05 PM
    Did you re-download Facebook? Did you log in?
    01-11-10 10:34 PM
    yep. of course
    01-11-10 11:10 PM
    yep. of course
    Sorry.. just had to eliminate the obvious.. Not really sure why it wouldn't be working. What happens when you SHOULD get a facebook notification? Do you get an e-mail on your phone from facebook instead of a notification from the facebook app? Do you get an e-mail on your computer, and nothing on your phone? Do you get no e-mails on your computer OR your phone?
    01-11-10 11:24 PM
    i have all notifications turned off since fb has it's own window for that but i should still get notifications within the fb app on the phone like i was on the first phone i had.

no difference if i have the settings to email, phone, neither or both within the actual facebook notification settings. ok nevermind it just worked. thanks
    Last edited by mike BB; 01-11-10 at 11:45 PM.
    01-11-10 11:43 PM
    Go through the FB setup and link your email to FB and notifications should pop up under the appl.
    01-11-10 11:45 PM
    I'm pretty sure the Facebook app works off of Facebook emails. There is an option in the app settings to remove those emails from your inbox after going through the application though. Are you sure it worked on your first phone with notifications turned off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 11:46 PM
    Ok. I see you got it working. Nevermind then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 11:47 PM
    nope no go. i got one notification last night and that's it. none more
    01-12-10 05:08 PM
    Go back into facebook online and make sure it's still set to send you notifications. I'd also check your e-mail to see if its filtering out your facebook to spam/junk or another seperate folder before BIS grabs it.

If this doesn't fix your problem delete facebook and redownload the new one. Run the setup even if you've done it before.

This new facebook feature of emailing in repsponses is ********. I want push status updates (email versus SMS only) for my selected people.
    01-12-10 06:49 PM
    i did delete it and reinstall it, no change. it's set for email and sms and still nothing. not that big of a deal as my life doesnt involve around facebook like many others lol but i just want to use the phone to it's full potential
    Last edited by mike BB; 01-12-10 at 10:48 PM.
    01-12-10 10:44 PM
    My Facebook app is not installing or if it is, the icon will not appear and it isn't working properly. Took it to Verizon last night, they showed me how to uninstall and reinstall. Have done this a thousand times and it still isn;t working. Any suggestions?
    01-16-10 01:16 PM
    well i got a notification from the app itself from a friend request but i dont get any notifications that i get when i go onto the actual website. wierd, still tryin to figure this out and remember how it was on my first storm2
    01-17-10 08:28 PM
    try messing with the settings inside the application
    01-17-10 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD