Well on my phone I used to have facebook message me whenever someone messaged me, commented on my status, etc. but I would come home, open up my email account and find 30 new emails with 90% of them facebook. So I changed the notifications on my FB account to no emails hoping it would keep it from spamming my email and now my phone doesn't show any notifications. Is there anyway to keep it from emailing me but keep the facebook notifications to keep going to my phone?
    06-30-09 07:53 AM
    +1 if someone figures this out..

Its the only reason I don't have notifications on my phone.
    06-30-09 09:39 AM
    Im sure you tinkered with the settings in options already, but did you clear the cache and try a battery pull after you changed your settings? Have you tried logging out and logging back in? If all else fails remove FB and reinstall and see if that works.

Also are you running FB v1.6?
    06-30-09 10:25 AM
    I just set my BlackBerry email address as the notification address on my Facebook account, and I only get FB notifications. No duplicates in my inbox or anything. Give that a shot?

Or if you don't want to do that, you could always set it up like before and have your home email account filter the messages. I'm pretty sure most web mail clients can do that.
    06-30-09 10:31 AM
    +1 heathwala

I think the facebook bb app uses email for the notifications. I just filter mine on my desktop email client into a facebook folder, or you could just trash them there. Facebook does allow you more than one email registered to your account, so using your bb specific email account doesn't mean it needs to be the one your friends see on your facebook profile.
    06-30-09 10:35 AM
    I just set my BlackBerry email address as the notification address on my Facebook account, and I only get FB notifications. No duplicates in my inbox or anything. Give that a shot?

Or if you don't want to do that, you could always set it up like before and have your home email account filter the messages. I'm pretty sure most web mail clients can do that.
    That is a good idea, I am going to do that thanks.
    06-30-09 08:00 PM
    Here's another idea: it's built into the Facebook app! I just found it today. Under BB->Options, scroll down, and there's a checkbox for "Leave email notification messages on mail server" I unchecked that, and I've gotten a few notifications with nothing left in email.

This is using Facebook 1.5 (I've heard about too many problems with 1.6 to keep me from upgrading yet)

Enjoy the empty mailboxes, y'all.
    07-01-09 01:34 AM
    Guys, the only thing i can see in my BB Facebook Notification tab are the things that I did and nobody else's - and I do NOT have the "Leave email notification on server" checked.....Since somebody posted that FB BB application uses email triggers to invoke notification on BB - I do get all the notification emails in my yahoo mail!!!

and to make matter worst, I can't comment on my own status and neither do i see comments other made to my status (and no, i do not use selective twitter update)!!!

Anybody got the same problem?
    07-05-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD