Hi,
    Is there a way to turn facebook notifications off?
    I know how to turn sounds off in profiles, but how can I prevent the new
    Message icon from appearing everytime I receive a facebook msg.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 09:01 AM
    I just log out of the program.
    02-14-09 09:09 AM
    Or delete the app, that's about all it's good for.
    02-14-09 09:37 AM
    Ya! logging out is the only smart way!! or you can always silence it for the facebook but you will see the icon on you home screen!
    02-14-09 10:01 AM
    changing your email
    02-14-09 10:52 AM
    Going log onto yur gfcebook and turn all notifications to email off becasue if it doesn't ggo to the email that's on ur phone it will not show up on the facebook app

02-14-09 11:31 AM
    Exactly. No need to log out, just turn notifications off.

02-14-09 12:57 PM
    You can turn the notifications off from your Facebook account. You can log on from the computer, change your settings, and that should do the trick. I believe there may even be a settings option from the FB app itself.. try hitting the BB key while in the app and look at your options or settings.
    JennyMitch likes this.
    02-16-10 01:51 PM
    Yay! I have been trying to figure this out! There IS a setting within the fb application that you can change so that all the notifiactions stop clogging up your mailbox! Thank you...thank you...thank you!
    02-25-11 01:39 PM
    Does that just turn off the notifications showing up in the 'Messages' folder, or all FB notifications?
    05-02-11 09:54 AM
    BUMPING for help because that isn't working for me

1 ) The email account i use for Facebook isn't on my phone so if that's the case I should never receive notificatons.

2 ) I'm getting notifications from the app itself and I keep hitting "Turn All Notifications Off" and I keep getting notifications. Plus which - I have - several times now - deleted and re-installed the app and the notifications will stop for a while but then they will mysteriously start back up again.

I've been really frustrated with this ever since I upgrade my OS to TMobile's official OS 6 release.

If anyone knows a fix for what I've described above (a fix, not just logging out or deleting the app) I would be most appreciative
    05-05-11 01:17 PM
    all you should have to do is log on fb on a computer go to account setting click on notifications check what you want thats it. make sure to save changes you can stop texts or e-mail alerts. good luck.
    05-14-11 07:18 PM
    Hey!
    I edited all the notifications so no emails or anything came through but I still cant get rid of the little facebook icon, I dont wanna have to log out or delete the icon.
    Any suggestions?
    05-22-11 09:25 PM
    Should be able to just uncheck the "Facebook notifications" box in the application options. See below.

05-23-11 02:34 AM
    I've removed all check boxes, email notifications, etc and I also get the annoying notification on the mini icon and a flashing notification light. I'm begining to think it's a bug with the app or something. Hopefully something they look after for the next upgrade (btw don't you think this one took FOREVER - finally something snazzy)
    08-04-11 11:05 AM
    Well, this worked prior to the 2.0 update. I had turned off all notifications and got no notifications, anywhere. Now the notification bar shows the FB icon no matter what I do. I did change the profile to set the led to off but that's about it.

I'd rather not log out since I have a "complex" password and it's just to big a pain to enter.
    08-05-11 01:52 PM
    I've removed all check boxes, email notifications, etc and I also get the annoying notification on the mini icon and a flashing notification light. I'm begining to think it's a bug with the app or something. Hopefully something they look after for the next upgrade (btw don't you think this one took FOREVER - finally something snazzy)
    The new Facebook Blackberry App does have a notification problem!
    I contacted Blackberry, found a great customer support person that has been communicating with me! They are working on it to do a fix!

They did test it on 10,000 BB Beta ppl and was supposed to have everything fixed.
    The customer support person is also looking for the previous version so we can use it till they get a fix out.

Only option currently for the 2.0 app is to put up with it or uninstall it for now.
    cellplantracker and kazin like this.
    08-05-11 07:55 PM
    Thanks for contacting Blackberry, and letting us know about it, MyJoy2Go!
    08-13-11 09:05 PM
    Still doing it... (I just got my BB, this is annoying.)
    12-02-11 05:59 PM
    I found that the annoying notifications I couldn't turn off were coming from "close friends." There is a notification button in the "close friends" page where you can turn off those updates. Basically you go to the home page, click on the "close friends" link on the left side of the page, then click on "notifications" near the top right of the page, and click "off." That turned off all the annoying "Susie uploaded a photo" notifications. I hope that helps.
    Last edited by Ricksterrrr; 07-25-12 at 01:09 AM.
    07-25-12 01:05 AM
    I found that the annoying notifications I couldn't turn off were coming from "close friends." There is a notification button in the "close friends" page where you can turn off those updates. Basically you go to the home page, click on the "close friends" link on the left side of the page, then click on "notifications" near the top right of the page, and click "off." That turned off all the annoying "Susie uploaded a photo" notifications. I hope that helps.
    Unless I am missing it, you have to do this through the full site via a computer. I don't see it as an option or anything on the app or mobile site.
    07-25-12 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD