Quick question. I am using the facebook application and have the email set up that goes with my facebook. I get the facebook symbol when someone posts or does something to my facebook but I don't get the noticiation sound that I have set to it.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    04-17-09 04:25 PM
    Funny you mention this, mine is random. Sometimes it makes a sound, and other times it's silent. I just chalked it up to the OS. I'm still patiently awaiting the new FB app.
    04-17-09 05:49 PM
    Quick question. I am using the facebook application and have the email set up that goes with my facebook. I get the facebook symbol when someone posts or does something to my facebook but I don't get the noticiation sound that I have set to it.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    click the speaker at the top left, scroll to set ringtone/alerts, click other and click facebook, you can set it from there
    04-17-09 07:06 PM
    click the speaker at the top left, scroll to set ringtone/alerts, click other and click facebook, you can set it from there
    I have done that but my phone doesn't make the sound when I get a Facebook notification

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 08:16 PM
    finally somthing to do with facebook!!! i posted somthing about face book 2!
    04-17-09 08:38 PM
    I have done that but my phone doesn't make the sound when I get a Facebook notification

have you tried a battery pull after you set the notification ?? i know you shouldnt have to but its worth a try !! p.s- sometimes the sounds lag a few seconds after the vibrate stops. just a thought
    Last edited by jjfan71; 04-17-09 at 11:21 PM.
    04-17-09 11:19 PM
    After setting the new alert sound, click the try button and see if the sound will play. If it doesn't try another sound for the alert.

04-17-09 11:57 PM
    Did this ever get fixed? Or is there a known-good work-around? I wanted to set a cool sound for Facebook too and noticed I can't get it to work on my 8330.
    09-07-10 06:15 PM
    It will only work if you enable "vibrate with ring tone"
    03-24-13 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD