Hey Guys,

I'm probably the nth user to ask about this, but I had a quick search of the forum and didn't seem to find an issue the same as mine....

I've stopped recieving notifications of any kind from my Facebook App.
    This was not a result of any outages.
    I have upgraded App versions and even Blackberrys through the process and the issue remains.

It began when I changed emails associated with the App. Since that moment, I don't recieve notifications. I can use the App without issue... but I have to go through the browser to the mobile site to see if I have any activity.

All my notification settings are correct (they didn't change) and the email associated is also correct (I updated it), and I even recieve the notification emails when things occur... my App doesnt register them though.

I have deleted and re-installed the App.... I have even contacted Technical Support and they handballed it to my Provider... needless to say.. there was no action.

Is there any files or settings left over from previous installs that is affecting this?
    any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

T.
    02-04-10 11:33 PM
    Since that moment, I don't recieve notifications. I can use the App without issue... but I have to go through the browser to the mobile site to see if I have any activity.
    I have been experiencing this same exact issue! And, I have not done ANY changes to my email addy or on Facebook itself. It just stopped all notifications.

I will admit that on Monday I received 1 notification that there were dozens of friend request etc., but they were not downloaded into the application. I was referred to the mobile site to view these. The alert notifications, and the downloading of the messages within the app just abruptly stopped.

I have tried all of the usual things, battery pulls, uninstall/re-install, allowed all permissions, checked the Facebook notifications alerts in profiles, and even a device wipe with a clean install. Nada.

If you find a fix, please post it here.
    02-05-10 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD