I have the BB Tour. I was receiving all my FB notices until Saturday...then none. I have rebooted my BB about 10 times since Saturday. Uninstalled and Reinstalled 3 times and even checked my setting on Facebook and reset it for BB. Still not getting any notices via the FB App.......help.....any other suggestions???

Thanks...
    Kimi
    08-09-10 03:27 PM
    Hey Kimi! Welcome to Crackberry!

This sounds like a facebook/rim issue. I don't think there is anything you can do to fix it. It's up to the team to fix the PUSH issue.

:/
    08-09-10 03:38 PM
    FB app for all devices is notoriously crappy, and the Blackberry FB app probably takes the cake. I'm afraid there isn't anyting you can do, I haven't gotten FB notifications in days either. FB tweaks things behind the scene and it breaks the app, happens way too often.
    08-09-10 05:09 PM
    No notifications here either.

Hope this means update coming
    08-09-10 05:11 PM
    was happening to me too,i got 1.8 and it works now but now my wallpaper changes back to the previous one i had on its own,idk if thats due to the leaked version of fb 1.8 i downloaded
    08-09-10 05:16 PM
    I get update on some of them but not all of them, I am using the beta version. They need to fix this ASAP.
    08-09-10 05:20 PM
    Been spotty for me too...

This should be in the third party apps forum, I do believe there is a thread about it already as well.

Welcome to CB
    08-09-10 05:23 PM
    Thanks everyone!! At least I'm not the only one with this problem! It's annoying as ****!!!

I also downloaded the new BBM from the Blackberry App....I don't like it...the lines in different colors annoys me....is there any way to change the colors? Mine are blue and grey....boring!!!

Kimi
    08-19-10 01:30 PM
    Mines been since I updated my Facebook this afternoon :-(
    08-19-10 01:49 PM
    I just updated the newest version of FB...1.8 I think, well now I'm getting all my FB notices again!!! Strange!
    08-19-10 02:53 PM
    when i was on 1.8.0.31 it was working fine soon as i upgrade to the new one it not working now
    08-19-10 06:25 PM
    Try logging in and out of your FB account... that fixed it for me when I had the issue
    08-19-10 06:34 PM
    Mine has been pretty spotty for the past week or so. I'll get the majority of the notifications on my BB, but occasionally I'll go the web page from my computer and see a few notifications there that were never pushed to my device. It's not a huge ordeal, but it does get annoying when I miss some comments because of it. I was hoping the upgrade to 1.8 would help, but it didn't seem to make a difference
    08-19-10 10:39 PM
    1.7 worked fine for me for notifications, I tried the leaked beta of 1.8 and notifications didn't work so I downgraded, I figured when the official release came out that they would have solved this problem. I was wrong obviously, it worked for 3 days and stopped working last night. Its ridiculous that they would release this without fixing this problem
    08-20-10 07:16 AM
    Now this morning I'm back to no alerts on my FB app...this is pissing me off!! WTF!!!! So frustrating!!!!
    08-20-10 08:10 AM
    moved to Native Apps
    08-20-10 08:12 AM
    Same here. The new version was fine...for about one day.
    08-20-10 08:34 AM
    Try loging out and loging back in it fix. My problem and you can't be log in on another mobile broswer ie:BB. Broswer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 10:02 AM
    I also saw in another forum that someone got a response from RIM customer support telling that person to do a wipe of the phone and then reinstall everything. Are they serious?
    08-20-10 10:03 AM
    Eff that....I'll go without the FB app before I'd wipe out my whole BB!!!!
    08-20-10 10:12 AM
    Same here. The new version was fine...for about one day.
    Same here, I was recieving notifications perfectly all day yesterday and the day before after I did the upgrade to 1.8, and now today, nothing... I tweeted to @BlackBerryHelp, we'll see what they have to say... Frustrating!

And if they tell me to wipe my device and re-load I'm going to tell them to go F themselves.

Also, logging out, and logging back in didn't help any.

I noticed when I went into my notification settings on the FB site, that it seems like alot of the checkmarks for the FB e-mails that I had sent to me were now unchecked, did anyone have the same thing? Now, it seems that everything that I had unchecked was stuff that I normally wouldn't have checkmarked, but the one where it sends me an e-mail when someone posts something to my wall was unchecked. I checked it, then I unchecked it and I got the wall post that was sent to me no problem, without any e-mail being sent... I did read on the features and upgrades list from RIM that you're no longer required to have the e-mail address that corresponds with your FB account setup on your device to recieve notifications, wonder if it automatically unchecks all the e-mails that you previously recieved now that it doesn't need that anymore?
    Last edited by elvin1983; 08-20-10 at 10:30 AM.
    08-20-10 10:16 AM
    Anytime you download a version of Facebook on your BlackBerry, it will change the notifications settings, you have to login via PC and change them...
    08-20-10 11:00 AM
    Anytime you download a version of Facebook on your BlackBerry, it will change the notifications settings, you have to login via PC and change them...
    Really? It's never changed mine in the past, they were always the same every time I'd do an upgrade to the FB app.
    There was someone on a different thread on this topic who was saying that after I mentioned something about the notifications being unchecked, she went in and checked them all, and then she started to recieve notification e-mails, but they didn't kick over to the app like they used to on 1.7, now they just go straight to her e-mail inbox.
    Hi Elvin,

I just did what you suggested, all my notifications were also unticked, so i ticked them all and now when i received notifications it comes through to my email but not through the actual blackberry app itself.

This thing is driving me nuts.
    Last edited by elvin1983; 08-20-10 at 11:09 AM.
    08-20-10 11:04 AM
    Hey guys, i been having the same prob and all of a sudden just now i am starting to get notifications...we shall see how long this lasts...hopefully its back to normal!
    08-20-10 11:07 AM
    Really? It's never changed mine in the past, they were always the same every time I'd do an upgrade to the FB app.
    Yes, sir. Everytime I installed a new version of Facebook it would change my settings online, specifically the notification for anytime you comment, you will be notified for all those who comment after you. I always made sure to 'uncheck' that because I didn't want a ton of notifications...
    08-20-10 11:07 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD