I just received a message on facebook and when i went to the application it told me my login session has expired and please login again. When I tried to login i received this message:

"Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues contact your service provider for support."

Any idea's? I do have 4.7.1.53 OS installed on my phone. Everything with my phone has been good including facebook after the install. I used Facebook this morning so something just went bad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    09-21-09 11:59 AM
    facebook has been acting weird as heck lately. like people poke you and you cant poke back, trying to view picture comments from time to time etc. one day it works the next it doesnt. today mines works
    09-21-09 12:03 PM
    i have the same issue i thought it was just me .. Maybe they getting ready to release 1.7
    09-21-09 12:04 PM
    I have been having the same issue, it prompts me to log in again, and sometimes it will let me, the last few times, it said that it found blackberry users in my contacts and added a few names, it did it again and added a few more different names... dunno if its because i have so many contacts (1000+) and its getting overloaded with trying to update contacts...
    09-21-09 12:07 PM
    Has anyone else been getting e-mails instead of facebook notifications? It's getting annoying.
    09-21-09 12:10 PM
    having the same logon problem with facebook. good to know it's not just a me thing
    09-21-09 12:12 PM
    i get the "Could not connect because a data service is not available." I have not updated the OS
    09-21-09 12:14 PM
    Has anyone else been getting e-mails instead of facebook notifications? It's getting annoying.
    Yeahhh I was JUST about to make a thread on that.

My facebook app doesn't work so now I get emails instead of notifications...

The facebook site on browser surprisingly works better and faster than the app did. You can actually see "likes" and idk it just works faster
    09-21-09 12:16 PM
    it seems like it's been hiccuping on and off for the last few days. I got my Tour on Thursday of last week, and it was misbehaving...and then worked fine through the weekend, and now this morning it's back to its old antics.
    09-21-09 12:23 PM
    UPDATE .. I just logged in and everything OK .. Seems like a FB server issue
    09-21-09 12:23 PM
    still having problems, can't login.
    09-21-09 12:25 PM
    facebook hasnt been able to let me log in all day today.... this is by far the worst app on the phone latly...

facebook better get there act together fast
    09-21-09 12:38 PM
    I've been having the same issue over the past couple of days...
    09-21-09 01:20 PM
    i logged on this morning and it said was having network problems, its working fine now
    09-21-09 01:31 PM
    Same issues here as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 02:20 PM
    Working fine now here.
    09-21-09 02:57 PM
    Yes, as of right now (Wed. Sept 23), I am only getting my FB notifications as emails, which means I can't reply or do anything but read them. I hate it. I want it back the way it was!!
    09-23-09 08:09 AM
    Yes, as of right now (Wed. Sept 23), I am only getting my FB notifications as emails, which means I can't reply or do anything but read them. I hate it. I want it back the way it was!!
    I'm having the exact same problem, and I'm pissed. It was working fine yesterday, and when I got out of the shower this morning I had a FB alert and saw that I was logged out, and haven't been able to log back in since...
    09-23-09 08:35 AM
    i have the same issue i thought it was just me .. Maybe they getting ready to release 1.7
    FaceBook v.1.7 is a myth....
    09-23-09 08:40 AM
    Mine was working fine this morning then since around lunch time I have been getting the no data service message, it is friggin annoying. I almost never had this problem with my Curve but it seems like a normal issue with my Tour though.
    09-28-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD