Ok, so first off, I have searched for this whole forum for an answer and could not find one, therefore, I will post a new thread.

When I had the Storm, Facebook would automatically sync Events/Birthdays to my Blackberry Calender and sync contact pictures from Facebook to my contacts on my blackberry, and it would do this as long as I check the options in the Facebook App. NOW, I have the Tour, and it will NOT, I repeat NOT let me check these options. I do not know why. They are grayed out and cannot be checked.

I have an email address registered with facebook and my blackberry to recieve my facebook notifications on my phone. I cannot get any events on my calendar and no contacts associated with my facebook account sync together. What in the world should I do?? I tried getting google sync and integrating my google email address with my phone and exporting the events to that calender, BUT I would have to export each and every event INDIVIDUALLY since there is no option in Facebook (that I have seen) to export ALL events.

Someone please help, I have spent countless hours trying to find a way around this. I really want events to automatically sync to my calendar and have my friends facebook pictures onto their contac on my phone. Is it really this hard?? I absolutely love my tour, this is the only thing that irritates me. Someone please help me and I will forever love you. The End.

- Bry -
    02-27-10 01:15 AM
    I opened my facebook app and pressed the bb button. I went under options and I have 3 choices. Connect your facebook account with bb calendar application, bb message application and bb contacts application. I don't want my calendars synced, so I just have the last 2 checked. I think that this is what you want. If not, sorry.
    02-27-10 10:00 PM
    Well that is what I want is to be able to check those options. The options are there, the phone just wont let me check them and I dont know why. What version of Facebook do you have? Could you send me a link for it?
    02-27-10 11:26 PM
    Woo hoo! I fixed it! Basically I had to wipe my handeld. I didn't think that would fix it but it did. I can now sync my contacts and calendar with Facebook! SO glad its finally fixed lol.
    02-28-10 02:06 AM
    Can you explain what you did to 'wipe' your handheld? I just got the Blackberry Tour and I am having the same problem you were...the option to sync my contacts and calendar with Facebook are grayed out. I have been trying to fix it for about 3 hours now! Thank you!! )
    03-01-10 04:10 PM
    i'm on bes and i don't think it's enabled so it's greyed out for me. are there any 3rd party tools to do this?
    04-02-10 02:31 PM
    Woo hoo! I fixed it! Basically I had to wipe my handeld. I didn't think that would fix it but it did. I can now sync my contacts and calendar with Facebook! SO glad its finally fixed lol.
    I also have a Tour, on BES, and am having this same issue. The calendar and contacts check boxes are greyed out. Could you please explain the process you used to "wipe" your phone? Did you use BBSAK and clean everything then do a clean install of 5.0 and Facebook?

Thanks!
    04-02-10 03:58 PM
    I also have a Tour, on BES, and am having this same issue. The calendar and contacts check boxes are greyed out. Could you please explain the process you used to "wipe" your phone? Did you use BBSAK and clean everything then do a clean install of 5.0 and Facebook?

Thanks!
    Don't bother wiping your handheld. I've done about 5-6 wipes over the past few weeks and installed facebook from scratch. The contacts and calendar options are still greyed out

I'm also on BES.
    04-06-10 09:11 AM
    If you're on BES you will NOT be able to use the calendar/contacts integration unless your BES admin has specifically set a certain BES 5.0 policy to "allow". If the policy hasn't been set, or doesn't exist (ie company still on BES 4.7), then the app defaults to block.

I had the same problem last year when FB updated, there's a Blackberry KB about it. It's annoying.
    04-09-10 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD