when i run these im only getting them on half my screen and when i turn the storm nothing happens..anyone else..any ideas?
    11-25-08 02:09 PM
    Don't bother wasting your time...Facebook is an absolute joke on Blackberry devices. It is amazing on the IPhone but hardly even usable on Blackberrys. Not sure about MySpace though...don't use that.
    11-25-08 02:19 PM
    I use the facebook app all of the time and love it. It works the same on my storm as it did on my curve for the most part. But what you say reminds me of something. Certain other apps that I used on my curve are acting the way that you describe (ie splash money, soft reset)

Did you install the facebook app from the app center on your storm, or ota from facebook?
    11-25-08 02:33 PM
    I installed both facebook and mySpace.
    The facebook app works perfectly. When I rotate the Storm, facebook rotates with me. It does everything I want it to do.

mySpace sucks, however. It only shows in portrait, and half the screen is a keyboard. Moving the cursor with your finger doesn't really work either (it doesn't support the touch interface, so it uses gestures to move up/down or left/right through menus)

Google maps is exactly the same as mySpace.

I downloaded them both from the phones Application Center.
    11-25-08 03:01 PM
    Don't bother wasting your time...Facebook is an absolute joke on Blackberry devices. It is amazing on the IPhone but hardly even usable on Blackberrys. Not sure about MySpace though...don't use that.
    The myspace app is pretty impressive RIM did an excellent job. As for the facebook I have to agree its absolute junk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 03:04 PM
    Ok.. I'm using the Facebook that came installed on the device, and it works fine for what it is. Can view status, update my status, I get notifications sent to my Storm via Facebook.

MySpace works just as well, except I've not gotten any notifications yet to confirm - and it rotates to landscape just fine for me. I installed it from myspace.com/blackberry using the "Send to my Blackberry" link that will email yet another link to download it.
    11-25-08 03:10 PM
    Both facebook and myspace apps work beautifully on mine.
    11-25-08 03:16 PM
    I installed both facebook and mySpace.
    The facebook app works perfectly. When I rotate the Storm, facebook rotates with me. It does everything I want it to do.

mySpace sucks, however. It only shows in portrait, and half the screen is a keyboard. Moving the cursor with your finger doesn't really work either (it doesn't support the touch interface, so it uses gestures to move up/down or left/right through menus)

Google maps is exactly the same as mySpace.

I downloaded them both from the phones Application Center.
    FB and MS work just fine but google maps can't ever find my exact location. It keeps saying it can't find the satellites. When BB Maps works perfectly just fine, but I want to know when there's traffic and google gives me that. But won't pick up the satellites.
    11-25-08 03:20 PM
    Alright i guess I gotta download myspace. every other post is either "myspace app rocks" or "myspace app sucks".

i have confuse...
    11-25-08 03:36 PM
    Alright i guess I gotta download myspace. every other post is either "myspace app rocks" or "myspace app sucks".

i have confuse...
    MySpace.com - BlackBerry
    11-25-08 03:38 PM
    Newbie Blackberry (Storm) owner here. Mine just arrived today. I'm sad to say that it has been a very frustrating experience using this device, so far.

That said, I'm hoping someone can help me out with the Facebook App, as there is clearly something that I'm missing here. I've downloaded and installed the Facebook App from the "Application Center," but what's next? It would reason that there would be an icon somewhere (logic would dictate that it might appear in the "Applications" folder since that was it is) that I can click on when I want to post a message to Facebook. But I'm finding absolutely nothing of the sort. Likewise with Google Talk.

Am I missing something here? After downloading these Apps, how does one go about using them???

Thanks.
    11-25-08 03:49 PM
    Newbie Blackberry (Storm) owner here. Mine just arrived today. I'm sad to say that it has been a very frustrating experience using this device, so far.

That said, I'm hoping someone can help me out with the Facebook App, as there is clearly something that I'm missing here. I've downloaded and installed the Facebook App from the "Application Center," but what's next? It would reason that there would be an icon somewhere (logic would dictate that it might appear in the "Applications" folder since that was it is) that I can click on when I want to post a message to Facebook. But I'm finding absolutely nothing of the sort. Likewise with Google Talk.

Am I missing something here? After downloading these Apps, how does one go about using them???

Thanks.
    look in the downloads folder if it isnt in the Applications folder.

and for those of you having the facebook (or google maps) problem where the screen is stuck on, and in portrait mode, you've managed to download the generic J2ME version. uninstall them (options/advanced/applications) change your browser emulation back to BlackBerry, and download the apps again.
    11-25-08 03:54 PM
    For those of you who have GOOGLE MAPS and is only getting half screen (maybe some other programs that only get half screen) after DLing the program go into OPTIONS>ADVANCED OPTIONS>APPLICATIONS>go the the application (in this case google maps)>highlight>click the BB menu button and DISABLE COMPATIBILITY MODE...might need a reset for it to take effect.
    11-25-08 04:14 PM
    Those who have myspace working properly...can you please verify the version you have? Version 1.0.0.22 does not seem to work full screen for me
    11-25-08 04:36 PM
    I have 1.0.0.20 and it works fine
    11-25-08 04:44 PM
    For those of you who have GOOGLE MAPS and is only getting half screen (maybe some other programs that only get half screen) after DLing the program go into OPTIONS>ADVANCED OPTIONS>APPLICATIONS>go the the application (in this case google maps)>highlight>click the BB menu button and DISABLE COMPATIBILITY MODE...might need a reset for it to take effect.

i dont even get the option to disable compatibility for facebook or myspace
    11-25-08 04:45 PM
    what version of facebook is working full screen..i cant get 1.3 to work
    11-25-08 04:46 PM
    i dont even get the option to disable compatibility for facebook or myspace
    Im not sure about facebook, but yes...myspace does not have that option...in some programs like google maps, flycast music, etc. that do not have full screen this might be an answer.
    11-25-08 04:52 PM
    Just loaded the myspace app and it seems to be working great. I kinda like it better than the facebook app.
    11-25-08 05:45 PM
    Myspace works better on the phone than the facebook app. you can view everything on the phone, the facebook app keeps kicking me to the website when you want to look at someone's profile. AND the myspace app has rubberband scroll! Its great.
    11-25-08 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD