I searched for an answer but didnt find one....I recently sent a message to friends on facebook via laptop. The message showed up in my messages folder on my BB with a checkmark. I did the delete prior and also tried to delete it by itself and it will not delete. I deleted the message from my facebook on my laptop so the message does not exist in my inbox on facebook anymore. I did a battery pull and uninstalled and resinstalled facebook on my phone and its still there. How the **** do i get it off my phone???
    01-09-11 02:29 PM
    I've tried deleting facebook messages off my phone as well and they always come back. Would love if someone could shed some light on this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 08:10 PM
    I know, I can't believe after deleting the message from facebook via computer and deleting the app and reinstalling it, it still showed up.

01-09-11 08:15 PM
    I am having the same problem. Sounds like a bug in the FB software...
    01-10-11 09:52 PM
    I am having the exact same problem! I had the older facebook app installed on my phone (the one without the recently added 'places' option) and the messages would delete no problem! Since I have updated the faceboon app to the most recent one with 'places' this problem with the messages has begun to happen! Hope this sheds some light on the problem! Help appreciated

suga2011 likes this.
    01-11-11 03:30 AM
    Yea, I dont even use the places button, i should have kept the old version. Facebook has always been terrible on Blackberry.
    01-11-11 10:18 AM
    Hi all...I am having the same issue even after the fact I got my replacement phone...long story short I upgraded my original Os to the .973 and noticed some fb messages not deleting, got my replacement with Os .674 and it's still the same thing...grrrr
    What worked for me so far is this: I would go in the message icon option n "delete prior" some will delete and others won't, then I hit alt+aA(arrow up) + del to restart my phone...when phone comes back on, all messages gone but if u do another reset they will return...I know it's such a pain, I just hope they fix this soon!!!! Pin me 315029FE

01-11-11 10:32 AM
    The way I fixed the problem is as follows:
    - Open the FB app
    - Go to Menu...Options
    - Remove the check from "BlackBerry Message application"
    - Save
    suga2011 likes this.
    01-11-11 11:25 AM
    Thanks Blackjack, that actually worked, they are gone finally!

01-11-11 11:31 AM
    I found that i can delete them from the computer, from the web and from the app and my messages folder and they only go away after 2 or 3 battery pulls within the same day.
    suga2011 likes this.
    01-12-11 01:32 PM
    I'm having the same problem since the last "upgrade". Yeah, right. Anyway, I did the delete prior, battery pull, uninstall and reinstall from BB site and everything recommended. Nothing worked. One msg still shows from 10-3. It's deleted on fb. So finally I did the uncheck BB message option and it's gone. As soon as I re-check it, it's back. I think it's a BB "upgrade" problem. How does the uncheck BB messages affect me? Just no fb updates coming in? I can live with that till they fix it.
    suga2011 likes this.
    01-13-11 10:08 PM
    Blackjack = Genius

01-14-11 11:50 AM
    that sucks because it was not doing that before on my phone... and if i do uncheck it off in the facebook options then i wont get no messages or alerts to my phone.... is there another way to take those messages off my phone.
    04-20-11 11:48 AM
    I'm having the same problem since the last "upgrade". Yeah, right. Anyway, I did the delete prior, battery pull, uninstall and reinstall from BB site and everything recommended. Nothing worked. One msg still shows from 10-3. It's deleted on fb. So finally I did the uncheck BB message option and it's gone. As soon as I re-check it, it's back. I think it's a BB "upgrade" problem. How does the uncheck BB messages affect me? Just no fb updates coming in? I can live with that till they fix it.
    i can live with it but its a pain in the next also...
    04-20-11 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD