Ever since i downloaded the new facebook I don't receive facebook notifications how do i fix this?
    09-01-10 01:13 AM
    I must be the last person in the world without one, but I do NOT Facebook. Imagine that...sorry...
    09-01-10 01:33 AM
    Not sure but it has been a very good update for me with no problems. Lots of people have complained about the problem so there may be an anwer. Have you done a search?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 02:47 AM
    Notifications aren't working right for me either. Some don't come through at all, some come through out of order, some come through the next day...

Plus My private messages are coming through with subjects, but no co tent.

I think I am going to see if I have the old version in backup. I haven't noticed any improvements, just these new problems.

09-01-10 04:04 AM
    This was posted on the BlackBerryHelp twitter page, maybe this will help you out. Seems like many people have had a few issues with notifications. Hope it helps!

KB17087-Notifications are received multiple times or none at all when using Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones
    09-01-10 09:19 AM
    I have been having the same problems. I never receive any notifications anymore. The mobile site needs to be used in order to see anything.

I checked out the help link above, but it basically just said to make sure that "Facebook Notifications" was checked.

Any other suggestions?

09-01-10 09:47 AM
    @eclipsegsohsix: Did you also make sure to turn off email notifications? I kept missing that step, since it was the last one listed...

And saving the changes you made, I kept forgetting that one too.
    09-01-10 10:22 AM
    Yeah I had tried doing that and saw that it wiped everything out when I checked on the website. For some reason, ever since I posted about this, notifications have been coming through!

Last night I uninstalled Facebook and reinstalled it. This morning, I tried unchecking the box, saving, then rechecking the box, saving, then logged out. Obviously I logged back in afterwards.

I believe everything seems to be working now, but I will have to check the mobile site confirm that everything is getting pushed.

09-01-10 10:29 AM
    Well that's good to hear then! Maybe it wasn't necessarily on your end, perhaps on RIM's end. Hopefully it'll keep working for you.
    09-01-10 10:41 AM
    Well that's good to hear then! Maybe it wasn't necessarily on your end, perhaps on RIM's end. Hopefully it'll keep working for you.
    Oh I'm sure I just missed something on my end. Perhaps I wasn't saving properly. Maybe a logout and login was needed. Who knows!

09-01-10 10:47 AM
    The BB facebook app sucks; it's so laggy and inconsistent.
    09-04-10 10:45 PM
    Laggy? the newest update has made the app fly on my s2. No lag at all and near instant loading of older threads without having to press more every time. Some people may have problems with notifications, yes, but laggy? Surely not.

09-05-10 12:29 AM
    I love the new fb app compared to the old one... Not up to par with some platforms but ohhhhhh so much better than the previous version... I can actually use this app now!
    09-05-10 12:40 AM
    I am giving strong consideration to the droid. Each iteration gets better. My friends have them and love them. I like droid 2. Form factor is pretty good. iPhone4 if it comes to Verizon would get strong consideration too. Day by day more and more of my colleagues are emailing me from iphones. Blackberry is no longer the only corporate choice.

09-05-10 10:04 AM
    Actually, you can't sync Outlook to the Droids without a 3rd party and that poses security risks for corporate emails. So before you discount BB for another platform, make sure your IT dept takes a good look at Droids before jumping ship. I jumped ship and came back to BB.

09-05-10 06:20 PM
    The new FB app stinks on my phone. I get ZERO notifications. I unistalled and reinstalled. I've got to the main site to set mobile notifications. Nothing works. This app is a big goose egg in my opinio.

09-05-10 08:22 PM
    Facebook sent me a message from about 2 years ago today. Weird.

09-05-10 08:33 PM
    HI
    I downloaded the new version today, now here is my Problem I have it checked off so I DO NOT get notifications via my phone lets say if I "LIKE" or comment on someone status update and so I dont get the next 10 next comments by other people.. I have it so this option is not checked but today with the new verison I am getting a NOTIFICATIOn on my FB application for every comment thereafter after I clicked "like" on someones post , tell me if you know how I can resolve this short of NEVER commenting on anyone's post!
    Thanks!
    09-05-10 09:23 PM
    For everyone having problems after updating to facebook 1.8 try this and you will be up and running

1. Open Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones
    2. push the BB logo (menu) select option.
    3. Scroll down to the Facebook notifications n checklist
    4. click on Turn off all Facebook Email Notifications
    5. Save the changes made and exit
    6. Log out from fb on your BB
    7. Log on to fb on your computer and go to
    account> application settings> then delete Blackberry for
    smartphones, then log out
    8. Log back into fb on your BB
    9. then log onto
    fb on your computer then go to Account> Account Settings>
    Notifications, and then scroll all the way down to your applications
    notifications and check the Blackberry for smartphones box and then