Anyone have issues with facebook kicking you off lately. I'm not the type of person which is tied to my f-book but i'll try and check something out and lately it tells me it cannot connect, then tries to sign in and freezes my phone up. Would that be a corruption on the app side? I reinstalled it and it has kept kicking me out but hasn't frozen yet.
    08-13-09 10:25 AM
    Maybe the app is having a problem keeping a connecting with the facebook servers. I'm not entirely sure though
    08-13-09 12:02 PM
    I just tried it and it works fine for me, so I wouldn't think it is VZW. You've tried a battery pull already?
    08-13-09 12:09 PM
    Mine seems ok today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 12:42 PM
    Facebook and twitter have been under attack. It could be because of that. I'm not having problems.

I did lose connection completely once and had to uninstall and reinstall.
    08-13-09 12:44 PM
    mine was doing that, so i battery pulled, and then tried again, and it worked fine, hope this helps
    08-13-09 12:45 PM
    I couldn't close the facebook app earlier today no matter how many times I went to menu..close or held down the back button, had to do a battery pull.

It was a good run, a full week since my last battery pull.

08-13-09 01:21 PM
    I couldn't close the facebook app earlier today no matter how many times I went to menu..close or held down the back button, had to do a battery pull.

It was a good run, a full week since my last battery pull.

Same here. this happened to me last night and i did a battery pull, but then again today, i cant get FB to close and stop running in the background. not sure whats going on here...

update 2 min later, now its gone. maybe just a long delay to close the program?
    Last edited by MG386; 08-13-09 at 06:07 PM. Reason: update
    08-13-09 06:05 PM
    Anyone have issues with facebook kicking you off lately. I'm not the type of person which is tied to my f-book but i'll try and check something out and lately it tells me it cannot connect, then tries to sign in and freezes my phone up. Would that be a corruption on the app side? I reinstalled it and it has kept kicking me out but hasn't frozen yet.
    Verizon is having server problems. My FB and browser aren't working at all. I am in Ohio, that seems to be the region here the problem is. I called them and they didn't have an ETA.
    08-13-09 06:09 PM
    Mine isn't working either. I'm also in Ohio. It should be up again soon, Verizon is pretty fast about this kind of stuff.
    08-13-09 06:23 PM
    Im in ohio, (cleveland/sandusky...right in the middle) mine is all sorts of messed up as well, i just got a comment saying happy birthday today.....my birthday was back in may ~_^, then all of a sudden i'll get 14 alerts, for no reason. It has been this way for a couple days for me.
    08-13-09 06:28 PM
    I've been getting something like "Your connection has timed out, to continue please sign in" or something to that effect. A battery pull or two and it'll be good for a while. I'm in East Tennessee.

08-13-09 08:04 PM
    Im in ohio, (cleveland/sandusky...right in the middle) mine is all sorts of messed up as well, i just got a comment saying happy birthday today.....my birthday was back in may ~_^, then all of a sudden i'll get 14 alerts, for no reason. It has been this way for a couple days for me.
    yeah I was real annoyed with it though...mine was down for three hours...it was agony
    08-13-09 10:12 PM
    why cant I get Yahoo MSN AIM Facebook or Myspace on my 5.0.0.140?
    08-16-09 04:28 AM
    What OS are you all using?

If your using one of the later ones, try switching back to the origianl Zen theme that comes with the phone and give that a go.

I found that with .151 & .164 that when I had a theme my Facebook kept freezing up and notifications weren't working properly.
    (you may also have a 'null.pointer' error when you first start your phone after a battery pull)

I switched to the standard theme it worked fine.

With .167 I found that FB kept logging me out and not being able to connect to the server. This is an OS issue. (Like the one that people in the US are having with Slacker and Pandora).
    So if your on .167 switch back to .164 or use a Hybrid that uses an older radio.

Hope this helps
    08-16-09 05:07 AM
    why cant I get Yahoo MSN AIM Facebook or Myspace on my 5.0.0.140?
    They are all built for OS 4.7. Not 5.0
    08-16-09 05:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD