My wife has a Verizon Curve that I have installed .131 onto. I have connected her gmail through the BIS account, and she uses Facebook with the same email address.

For the last few weeks she has been getting alerted over and over on facebook about messages, comments status changes. Basically they just keep coming in even though she has already seen them and deleted them.

This weekend, I completely wiped her phone and reinstalled everything.... twice. I deleted her BIS account and recreated it again. Then installed Facebook again.

Same issue is there. Is anyone else having any issues like this? Is there anything I can try to fix this for her?

It's annoying when you get alerted that there is something new on FaceBook but it was something you already saw.
    07-20-09 12:06 PM
    Just a couple of ideas based on my own experience - it might be different for others.

Have your wife check her notification settings in Facebook. She may want to disable some of the emailed notifications from her personal settings on the FB site. I was getting a ton of notifications for a while and it was a little annoying.

Also, there is some lag between the FB site and mobile app. I've noticed this with a couple of different email accounts that I've tried. It's not uncommon to be a FB and see a notification, then receive it on the mobile app 5, 10, or even 20 minutes later. It's just the nature of this lag and if she wants FB mobile on her phone she will have to get used to it.

Like I said, one of the easiest ways to deal with this is to disable all the "non-essential" notifications. I pretty much just want wall postings and messages delivered to my Curve; all the other random comments on photos and follow-up status comments (to my own comments) can wait.
    07-20-09 12:55 PM
    That is really all she cares about also, the problem is that someone will comment on her wall and she will get notified about it on the phone. She look at it or whatever, but then a little while later, she will be notified again.... about the same comment. She looks at it thinking it's a new comment or something, see's that it isn't, deletes the notification in the Facebook app, and put the phone down again.... then a little while later, she get's an alert AGAIN, about the same thing.

Now if she gets a new wall post or something, then the facebook app will alert her that she has a something new, and then immediately alert her AGAIN that she has something else new, but the second notification was the one she already saw from before. It's like Facebook doesn't know that the comment or whatever isn't new anymore.

make more sense now? I know I explain it long winded...
    07-20-09 01:03 PM
    I'm having the same exact issue on my 8330. I've changed every setting I can find, and nothing is helping. I'm getting the same notifications over and over, usually when a new NON-facebook email comes through.
    07-22-09 09:45 AM
    Ok, I found the problem for my wife's phone....

Are you using gmail? If so, go into the Labs sections and disable the Advance IMAP's Controls. I didn't even know it was enabled for her. But once I turned that off.... and make sure it turns off (it took me like 5 times of turning it off before it actually turned off), everything started working again for her.
    07-22-09 09:52 AM
    I have a different issue with FB right now. I just updated my FB application to the newest version (1.6.0.21). After completion I no longer have access to my memory card. I have wiped it and still nothing. The memory card works because I can view pictures and data on my computer. I have formatted it on my computer as well. I have tried to format it on my phone and it is unsuccessful. Any thoughts here?
    07-22-09 10:43 AM
    Ok, I found the problem for my wife's phone....

Are you using gmail? If so, go into the Labs sections and disable the Advance IMAP's Controls. I didn't even know it was enabled for her. But once I turned that off.... and make sure it turns off (it took me like 5 times of turning it off before it actually turned off), everything started working again for her.
    Sounds like what the issue was is the same most people have when they set up a Gmail account, the dreaded http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...ail+sent+items
    07-22-09 10:50 AM
    What about calendar? I have deleted facebook over and over and somehow it keeps appearing as an option for my calendar. Now, not matter what I choose as my default calendar, it is all screwed up. I want it to sync with my outlook calendar, and up until I upgraded Facebook to the new version, I can't get it to work. I have tried everything. How do I get Facebook totally off my phone (curve 8330)
    07-22-09 10:58 AM
    Go to Options >Advanced Options >Default Services and change the Calendar from Facebook to what you want...
    07-22-09 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD