figure it out. please delete. thanks.
    Last edited by gameson; 08-16-10 at 01:53 AM.
    08-16-10 12:50 AM
    I set my facebook notification to my email address in BB. So usually when a notification comes in to my BB, it will have a FB logo and when I open it up, it will go to FB app. In my gmail account, it will come as a regular email.

Now my BB acts weird. When I receive a FB notification, it comes in BOTH the FB logo email AND a regular email at the same time. So I receive TWO emails, regular email and FB email instead of the normal FB email (FB email is the email when open, it goes to FB app).

How do I fix this?
    figured it out. please delete. thanks.
    Out of curiosity, what did you do to fix this? I have the same issue and would like to get rid of the regular email notification and only have the FB email.
    08-16-10 08:13 AM
    x2 on my Pearl, it intercepted the emails and automatically deleted them from my gmail account and just gave me the facebook notification on my phone.

Now on the Torch I'm getting both the facebook notification and the email.
    08-16-10 10:30 AM
    Thy notification system is different with the torch facebook app, it does it directly through the app and has nothing to do with email. I had this same problem. You have to turn off the email notifications through facebook to stop the emails and you will still get facebook notifications through the app. Hope that was clear!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 10:35 AM
    There is an option in Facebook to turn off all email notifications. Click the menu button while in Facebook and go to options, it's towards the bottom.
    08-16-10 10:36 AM
    the solution is either you have to reroute your notification to another email that is not on BB or you turn off the email notification.

as for me, i reroute the notification to another email as i would still like to get notified when i m on my desktop. so now i only have the FB notification instead of both
    08-16-10 11:11 AM
    Yeah, I just re-route my Facebook messages to another folder in my G-mail account so I never see those until I actually want to (which is never).
    08-16-10 11:27 AM
    Oh okay, I thought by turning it off in the Application I wouldn't get anything anymore. Since it said you'll have to turn this back on using the Facebook website.

Good to know it was just that simple, I just didn't try that route. Going to do that now

*edit* just tried to do it, and there was an error contacting Facebook... lame

*double edit* Just logged into facebook and unchecked everything under email notifications. Took a minute, but everything works perfect now. No more double notifications on my Torch. Thank you everyone
    Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 08-16-10 at 02:38 PM.
    08-16-10 01:31 PM
    If you have GMail, one other option is to setup a filter to mark certain or all FB notifications as "read" when they are delivered. That way they still show up in your inbox (if you want them to), and on the BB FB app without the dual-notification. (The email is still delivered, but does not generate a notification since it comes in as "read" already).
    08-16-10 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD