I attempted to install the bets version of FB the other day but the code workaround didnt help me for some reason.

I uninstalled the beta and attempted to go back to the official one but i cannot install it again.

When i download from blackberry.com/facebook i get the following error - net_rim_bb_facebook_lib already exists and if i say ok to overwrite it fails with COD error 90.

If i try to install through App World i get to 799kb and i get the message the app cannot be installed and the connection with app world drops.

Anyone able to help with this one??

Thanks
    07-16-10 01:50 PM
    I had the same issue with the BETA zone and BBM. I had to delete the application completely off the device, remove all of its .cods etc. and then reload the previous version with Apploader. Pain in the bum, but that's the only thing that worked for me.
    07-16-10 01:57 PM
    I had the same issue with the BETA zone and BBM. I had to delete the application completely off the device, remove all of its .cods etc. and then reload the previous version with Apploader. Pain in the bum, but that's the only thing that worked for me.
    Thanks for the reply. I not had to remove all the COD etc before mate, could you please advise me??
    07-16-10 02:35 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I not had to remove all the COD etc before mate, could you please advise me??
    You will need a software program such as BBSAK to remove the cod files. If you are unfamiliar with this, however, I would be very very careful in what you delete and what you don't.

Another option would be to wipe your device and to reinstall your OS. To wipe, I recommend the JLCommander, although BBSAK can do that too. Make sure you have backed up all of you contacts, settings, etc. with DesktopManager before attempting any of this. Then, once the device is wiped you can go on to install whatever OS build you'd like through Apploader.

Either option isn't too comforting to anyone who hasn't done it before... Sorry mate.
    Maybe someone else has an easier option?
    07-16-10 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD