For those who have the Facebook app, you know when someone writes on your wall or tags you in a photo, etc., and that little blue Facebook icon pops up on your Storm's home screen? Well I have had that icon on my phone for three days now, but there's no update. If I actually get an update, the icon will change to a "2F" telling me I have two Facebook updates, but I can't get rid of the "1F" there. I've done battery pulls, updated Facebook for Blackberry to its newest version, uninstalled Facebook, turned my phone off, deleted actual Facebook updates, and have logged on to Facebook online and cleared out all my update notices. But that stupid little "1F" is still on my phone and won't go away. It's driving me crazy that I can't get rid of it on my Storm.

Has anyone at all had this problem? If so or not, can anyone point me in the direction of who I need to contact to fix this error? I don't want to have this stupid little blue "F" on my phone for as long as I have the Storm.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    11-04-09 01:01 PM
    my wifes phone has like 300Fs on her BB Curve but no updates - never figured out how to get rid of them so let me know if you figure it out
    11-05-09 02:49 PM
    I have the exact same problem on my Tour..battery pull didn't work so I'll try updating the facebook app if there's one available..
    11-12-09 10:25 PM
    I had the same issue and I found that there was an unread facebook message was in my general "messages" file (where all texts and emails go, along with your calls). It was buried from about 6 weeks earlier and it was showing as read inside the facebook application. I'm not sure if that you'll find a message there but I did.

Good luck!
    11-18-09 04:42 PM
    For those of you who have been annoyed with the little Facebook icon on your home screen, here is the solution!

First, select the FB app and login if you are not already logged in.

Next, select the (N) Notifications tab and highlight the date. Than, press the Blackberry button.

Select "Mark Prior Opened" from the menu.

I wished there were a different way to get rid of the icon for FB, but at least this will work for now! Hope this helps?
    Last edited by Derek Henderson; 11-18-09 at 06:58 PM. Reason: information was worded incorrectly?
    11-18-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD