Hi - I installed Facebook for my Blackberry 8320 and for one second I saw the icon on the homescreen, and then it disappeared. I have made sure that all my icons are showing on the homescreen and are not hidden.

I deleted the app and then reinstalled again, but the icon is still missing.

Can you help?
    05-20-08 09:49 AM
    go to options advanced options host routing table hit the menu button then register now
    05-20-08 10:04 AM
    OK - I did that. I should have asked why first, because I still don't see the facebook icon on the homescreen. Additionally, (I have AT&T), I now have about 10 shortcuts for various areas of MediaNet on my homescreen. How do I delete these shortcuts/icons now?
    05-20-08 03:12 PM
    OK - I did that. I should have asked why first, because I still don't see the facebook icon on the homescreen. Additionally, (I have AT&T), I now have about 10 shortcuts for various areas of MediaNet on my homescreen. How do I delete these shortcuts/icons now?
    Just wanted to let you know that I had the same issue as yours that Facebook icon wasn't in home screen after you installed it. I managed to find it by going to "Communities" icon (folder) and you might find it there. Click on menu button to move this facebook icon onto the folder at left and press the trackball to release it.

Finally, go back to home screen and you should find Facebook icon sitting in there.

Hope that helps.
    05-21-08 01:51 PM
    Hi - Thanks for the response. I do not have a communities folder. The icon is still nowhere to be found. I wish there was a way I could "search" for it. I can't even launch the app.
    05-22-08 11:39 AM
    any further discussion on this issue? i'm having the same problem.
    I just upgraded my OS on my 8310 to v.4.5.0.55 and my Facebook icon disappeared.
    I looked in my applications and it's there, but i can't launch it.
    help!
    10-23-08 05:30 AM
    So I had this problem after upgrading to 4.5 on my 8330. I reinstalled about 5 times with no luck and tried the battery pull and my apps said I had the facebook app and every install was overwriting it and then I went into the "My Services" folder that the upgrade placed and what do you know, I found my facebook app in there. I then moved it to the main screen my moving the icon on top of the "up" icon. It then showed up on my main "home" screen for my BB. I hope this helps someone out and they don't go through what I went through.
    10-23-08 11:14 AM
    I have the same issue after upgrading to ver 4.5 on my 8330.
    None of the posts above has helped. I didn't have any new folders show up on my desktop. I know Facebook was showing before I upgraded because I used it.

I can see Facebook ver 1.2.0 in Options/Advanced Options/Applications but no icon on the desktop. I have checked for hidden icons, icons within folders (the only folder I have is Docs To Go which was installed with the upgrade)

Anyone have any other suggestions?
    10-24-08 02:50 AM
    I was finally able to get the icon back by going to the Facebook url with my BB browser. Before you log in, there is a BB download link at the bottom of the page. I told it to overwrite the version that was already installed even though they were the same. When it finished my Facebook icon was back on my desktop.
    itsjess likes this.
    10-27-08 11:27 AM
    Click on my service in the hoem screen of the phone looks like a folder and facebook is in their move it outside!
    12-14-08 03:30 PM
    OK, I at least figured out where all my apps went, but still haven't been able to fix them without reinstalling. I was using the bPhone theme and moved from a Storm back to a Curve.

To get to the applications, I selected the standard AT&T/Cingular theme. In my case, the applications folder appeared.
    I tried moved all the icons out of that folder to the home page.

When I switched back to the bPhone theme, all those icons went away again.

I am going to reach out to the developer of the bPhone theme to see if he can help troubleshoot the issue. It may be as simple as adding an icon for folders to the theme.
    12-20-08 05:05 PM
    Stevie398, THANKYOUSOMUCH!!!
    i was freaking out when i upgraded my O.S and facebook all of sudden disappeared!!
    THANKYOU!
    12-23-08 03:28 PM
    I was finally able to get the icon back by going to the Facebook url with my BB browser. Before you log in, there is a BB download link at the bottom of the page. I told it to overwrite the version that was already installed even though they were the same. When it finished my Facebook icon was back on my desktop.
    i searched all over for a reasonable answer to this question. Thank You for saying something that worked.
    12-24-08 03:38 PM
    When I upgraded my OS to 4.5 I also lost my facebook as well as the myspace one to.
    12-28-08 03:38 PM
    It seems like this is a theme problem. I downloaded Facebook with the Storm Warning (I think) theme active, looked all over the place, and couldn't find the icon. I switched themes, and there it was.
    01-08-09 10:07 PM
    I had the same problem upgrading to 4.5 OS, and I just re-installed FB. Once re-installed, it was fine, and I haven't had any issues. I did not, however, have any new folders pop up.
    04-14-09 03:51 PM
    For those trying to find the icon for 1.6, delete the application, download and install. That should fix it.
    06-05-09 09:58 PM
    For those trying to find the icon for 1.6, delete the application, download and install. That should fix it.
    I agree, i reinstalled overtop of 1.5 and couldn't find it, so i deleted, downloaded and installed and it was fine
    06-06-09 07:11 AM
    I have OS 5.0.0.93 and just installed FB 1.6. I have the same problem where I have FB in applications but it doesn't show as an icon. I uninstalled it and downloaded it again but same thing.
    06-08-09 08:32 AM
    I have OS 5.0.0.93 and just installed FB 1.6. I have the same problem where I have FB in applications but it doesn't show as an icon. I uninstalled it and downloaded it again but same thing.
    I am also having the same issue, and I have OS 4.3. According to the system requirements on the Facebook/BB websites, I should be fine to run the new FB 1.6, but I cannot get the dang icon to show up.

I've tried checking for hidden icons, I've tried doing hard restarts, soft restarts, tried changing themes, tried deleting FB application and then downloading again. There are no new folders that I can see for the icon to be hidden... nothing. When I go to apps, it does appear that it has been successfully installed, but I just can't use it, apparently. I am extremely frustrated!
    06-10-09 01:56 PM
    Same as heatherkj. Very frustrated. Have deleted and reinstalled multiple times and tried everything listed above. Any other ideas?
    06-22-09 07:20 PM
    Thank you so much. This worked for me. For whatever reason, after I downloaded 4.5 OS for my BB curve, my FB icon disappered but I had a browser ICON but it read Facebook. hmmm (???)
    Nonetheless, I went and downloaded from that browser and when I reinstalled, It put the icon back.
    06-24-09 05:38 PM
    I have tried everything in this thread and nothing has worked. I was sent a new 8330 to replace one that was having problems. I haven't changed the OS or anything. Its never worked on this BB.

Any other ideas? This is very frustrating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 09:54 PM
    Ok, vmystery solved. I downloaded another app and it didn't show up either. Changed themes and ther it was. Guess I'll be deleting that theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 10:29 PM
    I am also having the same issue, and I have OS 4.3. According to the system requirements on the Facebook/BB websites, I should be fine to run the new FB 1.6, but I cannot get the dang icon to show up.

I've tried checking for hidden icons, I've tried doing hard restarts, soft restarts, tried changing themes, tried deleting FB application and then downloading again. There are no new folders that I can see for the icon to be hidden... nothing. When I go to apps, it does appear that it has been successfully installed, but I just can't use it, apparently. I am extremely frustrated!
    I have a Blackberry 8800 and my friend suggested I update FB from 1.2 to 1.6. i guess I should have read this thread first. I says it's on my phone under the applications listing under advanced options, but I can't get the icon to appear on my home screen. Any ideas. Like everyone else, I've tries everythign I can think of! Help please!
    07-06-09 01:15 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD