I recently upgraded my software on my VZW8330 Curve to version 4.5.0.97.

The facebook icon that I installed back while running version 4.3 but i had removed (or so I thought) it after experiencing some issues with it.

OK... Heres what I have done so far....

JL Commander wipe
    Load OS 4.5.0.97
    Rebooted per upgrade instructions

Now the icon for facebook has returned again. I am unable to delete it.

I have NOT restored my previous backup files. Is this app part of the 4.5.0.97 upgrade? Is my phone possessed? Am I just short of being put in a nice jacket and taken away by the men with nets in the van?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    11-10-08 12:50 AM
    Odd, when I upgraded to VZW 4.5, my facebook app was installed, but no matter what I did, its icon would not appear on my menu screen anywhere. I eventually had to delete it and just re-download the app.

There may have been an easier fix, I'm just still new to BB's...also I know this doesn't help with your problem at all, sorry
    11-10-08 01:42 AM
    how do i get the facebook app on my new blackberry?
    11-10-08 08:33 AM

Now the icon for facebook has returned again. I am unable to delete it.
    I'm not sure about Verizon but I know for T-Mobile there's a servicebook for Facebook, I think that is the issue. You can delete the serviceboook and the app will be gone but if you ever have your servicebooks re-sent it will be back. I just hide it.
    11-10-08 08:50 AM
    It comes each time you send your service books, as long as you dont install it again, just hide it. Nothing you can do - its just there.
    11-10-08 09:23 AM
    ya ull just have to hide unless you wanna delete the service book everytime
    11-10-08 09:30 AM
    i loaded facebook a long time ago do not remember password how can i get it or change it
    11-10-08 09:51 AM
    ughhhh i hate it too! i don't have facebook and i def won't need this app, but suddenly it appears on my icon!
    i juts hide it, i'm too mad with how the facebook pushing "their will"
    11-10-08 10:57 AM
    OK everyone. Thats what I thought the answer might be but wasnt sure if it was just me or not.

Thanks to all of you for the quick replies and help. I love this place!!!
    11-10-08 03:45 PM
    hiding it is the best option

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD