Ever since they made Facebook look even worse a few days ago then it did after the redesign a few months ago... I haven't been able to receive any notifications on the Facebook app on my Storm. No pokes, no nada. I've went in and played with the settings again but still nothing. Is anyone else having the problem and if you were able to fix it, how? I've deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled it, gone into the Notifications settings on my Facebook page, etc and still nada.
    03-16-09 11:28 AM
    No problems here... still getting poked
    03-16-09 11:44 AM
    Argh. I wanna get poked again! :b
    03-16-09 11:51 AM
    notifications seem to be fine for me, though i use firefox on my PC and its been consistently freezing my browser for 5-6 seconds every minute or so when facebook is open. bring back the old layout! (or atleast make it an option :/ )
    03-16-09 11:54 AM
    The exact opposite happened for me. Before the new layout I never got notifications. Now I get them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 02:18 PM
    All is working well here, even though I don't like the new FB
    03-16-09 02:20 PM
    a) Are you still receiving Facebook notification emails in your inbox? The Facebook app is tied to your Messages app and won't know to notify you if you don't get the email in your inbox first, so if you're not getting those at all, it's something on Facebook's end.

b) This is a dumb question but did you log in to the Facebook app after deleting it and reinstalling?
    03-16-09 02:22 PM
    I had this problem also. Initially, I was using my work email address for notifications and it worked. For whatever reason (for me it coincided with upgrading to .109 firmware), notifications stopped. I then changed my notification email address in Facebook to my blackberry email address and it works again.

I currently have the .114 firmware loaded and notification still only work with my Blackberry email address.

Because I don't use my Blackberry email address for anything other than Facebook stuff, I configured that email address to auto-forward everything to my work email. So, I now get notifications both in Outlook and my Storm.

Hope that helps.
    03-17-09 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD