CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Facebook groups

Is there a way to see the FB groups that I'm a member of on my BB? I can't find it at all. I have talked to other people who do not have a BB and they have a lot more options than I do.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

You can choose "go to mobile site" and find a reference to a particular group. It may say "you do not belong to any groups", but it will go to that page. But there doesn't seem to be a way to actually list the groups you belong too. Groups seem to be the red headed step child to FB on BB's. Any time I get a message through a group page or comments on my group post, FB tells me it's unable to contact server and to try again later. Later never comes, though. I need to either go to my PC or go the long way through the mobile site on the BB... If I can find it.

Thanked by:
    Mama2Many (02-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I have the FB app from AppWorld. Is that what the problem is? Should I access FB a different way? I'm not sure what you mean buy go to mobile site. I think I'm already doing that?

Thanks!

CrackBerry Addict

The FB for BB app is optimized for BB. One of the options when you press the menu key is "go to mobile site". this is Facebook's mobile site. It has a different look and you can get to things unavailable on the BB version.
    Or- you can go to m.facebook.com for the same thing.
    Thanked by:
    Mama2Many (02-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by rgorman View Post
    The FB for BB app is optimized for BB. One of the options when you press the menu key is "go to mobile site". this is Facebook's mobile site. It has a different look and you can get to things unavailable on the BB version.
    Or- you can go to m.facebook.com for the same thing.

Thanks for this tip! I am still learning I did what you suggested and was able to get to my groups on my phone. Kinda a PITA, but at least I am able to access them from my phone.
    CrackBerry Addict

No problem. That's my biggest disappointment with the FB for BB app. I have quite a bit of interaction with my various group pages since I'm a creator of a couple. Well, at least I try to- the BB app makes it incredibly difficult to keep up.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Groups will be available on fb 4 bb 2.0 i believe
    Blackberry Bold 9900 Running OS7 with BBM music

Pin 27F4E63D
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I'm looking forward to 2.0! I hope they fix the notification issues!

CrackBerry Newbie

My question is along the same lines - Ive just switched from an old curve to the new BB10 and am unable to see any facebook comments on pics or posts. I can see that there are some, and so many likes but after clicking on that it won't show anything. I know that I can go to the mobile site to view, but never had any issue with the fb app on the curve.....any ideas?