So I had my first 9700 and everything was working fine, until i had water damage and had to get a new one.
    Now the Facebook app whenever I open it always makes my phone lag and freeze if you know what im talking about.(i.e. after i click something it takes 30-1 minute to open the item)

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it did the same thing, so I went to the store to get another 9700 and it does it on the second one as well!

I don't know what to do

also, i have it only syncing with my contacts, but not calendar, etc.
    04-27-10 02:19 PM
    Open Facebook > Menu > Options > Clear Cache... if that does not work, then delete it off you device and reinstall it.
    04-27-10 03:22 PM
    Open Facebook > Menu > Options > Clear Cache... if that does not work, then delete it off you device and reinstall it.
    OP should also run the memory cleaner, and then reboot after uninstalling FB.
    Options>>Security Options>>Advanced Security Options>>Memory Cleaning
    04-27-10 03:38 PM
    Honestly that's just how the app has always done to me, just remove it and don't use it period, that's what I did recently. Go to the website or don't use Facebook instead, this app just plain sucks.
    04-27-10 04:54 PM
    In my experience, it takes awhile to update the friends list and lags during that process. Can't really avoid it - just have to let it run its course.
    04-27-10 05:05 PM
    Honestly that's just how the app has always done to me, just remove it and don't use it period, that's what I did recently. Go to the website or don't use Facebook instead, this app just plain sucks.
    While I am not a big facebook person, and the app is poorly designed, I have no issues running it on my 9700.
    04-27-10 08:55 PM
    I'm having this issue as well
    04-28-10 02:07 AM
    It locks up my phone 50% of the time I use FB.

- I uninstalled and reinstalled FB with no resolution.

- I started clearing the cache regularly with no resolution.

- I uninstalled, performed a battery pull, reinstalled, performed a battery pull with no resolution.

Long story short, I tried every combo I could think of to resolve this but nothing has worked. My last try is going to be to upgrade the OS.

FB is one of the main web apps I use on my berry to keep in touch with friends and family. I moved from my home state so it's an important app for me. The resolution to this issue is important to me.
    04-28-10 08:04 AM
    Like I said, let it sit and update your friends list. That's what it's trying to do when it's lagging. Does it to me too, but once that's done it's fairly snappy.
    04-29-10 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD