I just got my Tour last night and have it pretty much set up except for one thing. (I had a Curve before and restored some things like my address book from the BB DM, but not a whole lot of stuff). Now I cannot connect my Facebook contacts to my Blackberry address book contacts!!

Here's what happens when I try:
    - click on Connect to BlackBerry Contact
    - choose either "Select Contact" or "New Contact" (same results with either)
    - FB displays: "Retrieving user's profile information"
    - FB then displays: "Facebook was unable to fulfil request due to an unknown error."

Here's what I've tried, with failure at each step:
    - un-installed and re-installed Facebook
    - re-sent service books
    - edited Facebook application permissions to "Allow" everything
    - deleted my entire address book using BB DM
    - restoring the entire Tour to a backup point right after I took it out of the box, so the address book was empty and FB was the only thing configured
    - restoring the Tour to the last backup (from noon today)

I can't find any other info online. Note that I use BIS only (not BES). The reason why I tried restoring the entire Tour to approximately when I took it out of the box, is I wondered if maybe some of the data I restored on the device using the "Advanced" tab in the BB DM Backup & Restore might have caused some funny results...but that didn't seem to help much. I'm still relatively new to the Blackberry and am not sure whose problem this is (Blackberry? Sprint? Facebook?) or where to turn for help.

ANY suggestions greatly appreciated!!!
    08-21-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD