Hi there,

I have a question regarding facebook notifications. I tried searching the forums and didn't find any applicable answers, so I appolgize if this is any sort of repeat. I'm running the latest 1.6 version of the FB app on my bold.

I get all my update notifications sent to the app and it recieves them nicely and I have no problems with that. The problem I have is that I still get the same notifications sent to my gmail inbox on the computer. Luckily, I don't get them also on my gmail inbox on my BB, but I'd like to not get them on my computer inbox as well. Is this just the way the FB app works? It detects the notification emails that would have shown up my BB inbox and re-routes them to the FB app instead? Is there a way to get FB to only send to me FB app on my BB and not send it to my email account at all?

The funny thing is that if it's a notification regarding something I did via the FB app, it DOESN'T get sent also to my computer inbox. For example, I made a comment on someone's status via the FB App on my BB and everytime someone else makes a comment on the same status after me, I only get a notification on the FB App on my BB. But I made a comment on someone else's status on my actual computer earlier and every follow up comment results in a notification on my FB App AND on my computer gmail inbox.

Obvs, this is not life or death and by the sound of it, I should just be grateful the app works for me at all, but I'm pretty OCD when it comes to my electronic life and I prefer it all to work JUST SO.

Ayudame!
    Last edited by bstmstr2k; 09-10-09 at 07:16 PM.
    09-10-09 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD