Hey there,

I have the $2.99 full version Facebook chat app by Smartapp.

Recently I updated the Facebook app on my torch, and the chat app stopped working. When I go to log in, it says 'Sorry, something went wrong'.

Then when I try entering my email and password in again the error msg is 'You have been logged into Facebook, but there was an error setting up Facebook chat, please remove the ChatOnBlackberry application from your permitted Facebook applications, and reduce your account security settings'.

I removed the ChatOnBlackberry application from my settings, but it still gives the same error...and the new Fb app doesn't have built in chat. How do I get it working again?

Thanks for any input
    01-14-11 05:22 PM
    I dont know anything about that app, but I used trillian for blackberry and can use facebook chat through there and it is free...and I have had no problems so far with it.
    01-18-11 01:14 AM
    Moving to BB Apps
    01-18-11 08:33 AM
    Not that it helps with the $2.99 you've spent but I find that IM+ (Free Version) works fine with Facebook chat for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 09:19 AM
    I had the same issue. I emailed the maker of the app. They have fixed this bug. Appworld has the update now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 12:53 PM
    02-01-11 03:42 AM
    I had the same problem, so I switched to Chat On Facebook. It has log in problems as well, I think it is more to do with Facebook then with the app..at least that is what the developer's support told me.
    02-01-11 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD