Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone could suggest some applications for BlackBerry that support facebook chat?

So far I only know of two, IM+ lite which I have used, it doesn't work that well. I have also heard that trillian is still pretty much BETA and as such contains many bugs.

Are there any others?

Edit: Tried the eBuddy app too and it said it wasn't compatible with my phone (bold 9700).

Thanks!
    ixa
    Last edited by ixa; 09-02-10 at 05:15 PM.
    09-02-10 05:05 PM
    Apps that support Facebook Chat:

- Trillian (now has an official release)
    - IM+ (paid and lite versions)
    - BeeJive (works better if set up via Jabber connection)
    - Palringo
    - NimBuzz (limited to 400 FB friends)
    09-02-10 08:24 PM
    i use trillian and it works pretty well
    09-02-10 11:09 PM
    I use Palringo and it works great!
    09-03-10 09:15 AM
    I use Beejive and Trillian. They both work pretty good. Trillian also has a desktop version, just so you know
    09-03-10 10:08 AM
    I use IM+ so far the free version, but its annoying bc everytime it tries to log in, i have to log into facebook from a regular computer, and confirm that a log in from canada or god knows where else is an "ok" log in for it to work

At 1st I didnt even realize what was happening and thought someone was trying to heck my FB account.

Do these other messengers do the same???
    11-04-10 02:57 PM
    Wow! These guys are very knowledgeable about this! You cant go wrong here. I feel a bit embarrased to say I am just getting into the chat thing from my BB, and I use a simple app called "Chat On FaceBook" by Smarter-Apps.
    Chat on Facebook - Smarter Apps, BlackBerry, Wallpaper, YouTube
    Chat on Facebook - Social BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    The version listed is for 1.0.44, but I have been testing this for them for a while and there will be newer versions at least to 1.0.54, as this is what I am currently using/testing. I wish there was a free trial, but I don't control that stuff. It works well for me, and it's relatively cheap.
    11-04-10 03:36 PM
    I use Nimbuzz, its free and very easy to use. Like other IM applications it also supports MySpace, Yahoo, MSN and others. Awesome app!
    11-04-10 03:44 PM
    Meebo has a free app
    11-04-10 07:05 PM
    Nimbuzz or meebo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-10 01:03 AM
    I also use Chat On Facebook...it works very good...most of the time. There are time that it can not connect..when that happens your phone make a funny noise...kind of like a burp. When it does connect it works fine, with a good user interface.

I had tried Chat For Facebook by mSonar, and did not like this app at all. It connected well...but that was all that was good about it. The installation was so long...first you had to install an installer app, then the app itself. The user interface is terrible, lots of back and forth through from one screen to another for chats. I would not recommend that app.
    11-05-10 11:05 AM
    a buddy of mine just showed me nimbuzz and ive been trying to figure out why i cant get it to work with my facebook chat. I have 769 friends on facebook, is that why nimbuzz shows 0 for IM contacts, im over the 400?
    11-20-10 01:24 AM
    Yeah over 400 friends and nimbuzz won't work.
    I've only heard good things about chat on Facebook, the link brad posted. If you don't mind spending a couple bucks you should check it out.

11-20-10 02:37 AM
    how come the official facebook app doesnt have chat? lmao
    11-20-10 08:36 AM
    I haven't had any issues with im+ I also use beejive and that's quirky sometimes.

11-20-10 08:57 AM
    get nimbuzz!!

11-20-10 11:39 AM
    get nimbuzz!!
    Or meebo

11-21-10 08:41 AM
    I can highly recommend IM+ Lite, it works like a charm and most importantly it is FREE! However, it is very important that you use JABBER to connect, this will solve the issue of FB doing the Captcha confirmation, also, you will not experience FB randomly logging you out while on your desktop. If you do this method I guarantee you will not be disappointed! Instructions here:

IM+ Forum • View topic - Facebook connection issue: using alternative way to connect
    11-21-10 08:59 AM
    i have used Nimbuzz but for some odd reason it messed with my profiles, i had a problem editing profiles. so i deleted Nimbuzz, rebooted my bb and all is back to normal
    11-21-10 01:34 PM
    I just picked up Chat For Facebook by mSonar tonight & it's doing a dam good job. It takes a few seconds to load up my contact list possibly because I have about 1600 friends but the app works great. Not bad for .99 cents.

Down sides I find so far are:
    Touchpad sensitivity in the app itself seem to be faster than normal.

The line selection when scrolling down/up, doesn't stop scrolling when it hits the top/bottom, it just loops around & keeps going.

When sending a message, one has to hit the BB button then click send....very tedious but I can live with it.
    12-04-10 09:56 PM
    02-01-11 03:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD