I need to get facebook out of my calendar. I am running an 8330 with 4.5.0.131. I have tried everything. If i delete the sevice books for the facebook calendar it still returns. any help is greatly appreciated. I am lost without my calendar.
    09-27-09 08:39 PM
    anyone? i deleted all the calendar serivce boks then resent them and facebook calendar showed up again this morning. please help.
    09-28-09 01:31 PM
    Do you have that option checked in the FB app under options?

I dont have that option checked, and I just have one calender.
    09-28-09 01:36 PM
    also, make sure.. Options, Advanced, default services that the calender is not on FB.. your email.
    09-28-09 01:37 PM
    the option ois not checked in te facebook app. and it puts facebook as my default calendar no matter how many times i switch it back to my email account. this is a refurbed phone and it did the same thing on my last phone.
    09-28-09 02:05 PM
    Go to your Facebook app. Hit the menu key and go to options. Make sure Blackberry Calendar application is not check under Connect your Facebook account with:.
    09-28-09 06:01 PM
    i have the same problem... i tried that too.... and i've seen that every two weeks it comes back. its awful.

i don't want to know everyone in my phonebook's birthday!!
    09-30-09 10:52 PM
    also, make sure.. Options, Advanced, default services that the calender is not on FB.. your email.
    Did you try the above advice. That should do the trick and if it doesn't, I'm surprised that deleting the Facebook (Cical) entry doesn't end the problem. Perhaps just don't resend service books afterward if that's your only means of recourse. Leave it neutered...that was the point of deletion.
    09-30-09 11:35 PM
    last week i manually deleted all the stupid birthdays that my fbook app automatically adds .... deleted the service book, made sure gmail was my default calendar....

the stupid birthday fbook notifications came back tonight. i wanna strangle the person who programmed this POS.
    10-12-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD