Before Facebook 1.5 I used just one calendar that I synced to my google calendar. This worked flawlessly (appart from the fact that I can't sync for more that 6 month - but that is another topic).

Facebook seems to have set its own calendar as the default, and therefore copied all of my google calendar events into it.

So - I have set my calendar back to my own default calendar, but the facebook calendar has a copy of all my events in it.

Some questions:
    1. Are the facebook calendar items stored on facebooks servers?
    2. How do I delete all the calendar items in the facebook calendar (they do not appear in 'Desktop Manager' as calendar items.

talk about a PITA.
    04-24-09 03:54 AM
    all my facebook events are now in my Storm, but no Storm events go to Facebook server
    04-24-09 05:15 AM
    Before Facebook 1.5 I used just one calendar that I synced to my google calendar. This worked flawlessly (appart from the fact that I can't sync for more that 6 month - but that is another topic).

Facebook seems to have set its own calendar as the default, and therefore copied all of my google calendar events into it.

So - I have set my calendar back to my own default calendar, but the facebook calendar has a copy of all my events in it.

Some questions:
    1. Are the facebook calendar items stored on facebooks servers?
    2. How do I delete all the calendar items in the facebook calendar (they do not appear in 'Desktop Manager' as calendar items.

talk about a PITA.
    Have you upgraded to the NEW new facebook? The version released a few days ago was updated last night. Hit up http://mobile.blackberry.com for the updated version. This will fix the issue with the calendars. You may need to delete the old facebook version first, just to get rid of the calendar events.

It also fixes an issue where syncing your facebook contacts and berry contacts sent out a phone request.
    04-24-09 06:19 AM
    I want gmail to be my only calendar. I added my facebook event to my google calendar with the url export feature. That didn't work either. It registered events 4 hours early even though the time zones were correct.

I don't want a separate calendar at all. I already ran the update and doesn't help. I was happier with the old version. I like the address book integration with the pictures. How do you delete the fb calendar?
    04-27-09 01:37 AM
    I had a similar issue. I installed the facebook app and it took over my claendar. Not my only default calendar is Facebook even after deleting the app. Any help would be appreciated.
    04-27-09 05:01 PM
    to delete the facebook calendar:

options -> advanced options -> service book -> Highlight Facebook (CICAL) -> BB Button -> Delete

to reset default calendar:

options -> advanced options -> default services -> calendar drop-down
    04-27-09 08:46 PM
    what is the number on the newest version?

also, i can deal with having two separate "calendars" as long as both will sync to my google calendar. (right now, the facebook one does not.) does the update fix that too?
    04-28-09 10:42 AM
    what is the number on the newest version?

also, i can deal with having two separate "calendars" as long as both will sync to my google calendar. (right now, the facebook one does not.) does the update fix that too?
    Latest Ver. is 1.5.0.32
    04-28-09 12:28 PM
    so i just updated to the new version, but i still cant get google sync to move the facebook calendar events to my google calendar.

any ideas??
    04-28-09 12:47 PM
    Facebook calender sucks, and I cant find 1.3 anymore. When you download the new facebook if you have a today theme, it stops working. You cant get anything but facebook on the calender drop down and every time you reboot your phone that cical in service books shows back up. just a pain in the ****.
    04-28-09 06:58 PM
    Facebook calender sucks, and I cant find 1.3 anymore. When you download the new facebook if you have a today theme, it stops working. You cant get anything but facebook on the calender drop down and every time you reboot your phone that cical in service books shows back up. just a pain in the ****.
    Agreed. I can't find a way to permanently delete the facebook calendar.
    04-29-09 07:02 AM
    Facebook calender sucks, and I cant find 1.3 anymore....just a pain in the ****.
    I agree!!!!!!! I want the older version back, this new one sucks!!!! It's totally messing up my google calendar
    04-29-09 09:15 AM
    to delete the facebook calendar:

options -> advanced options -> service book -> Highlight Facebook (CICAL) -> BB Button -> Delete

to reset default calendar:

options -> advanced options -> default services -> calendar drop-down

That worked thanks. What was the point of the facebook calendar? Did it sync with something before I deleted it? I dont use a facebook calendar as far as I know, but if I do I wouldnt want all of my personal Storm Calendar appts synced automatically.

Anything I should check on Facebook, to make sure nothing was synced from my Storm?

Ive deleted both versions of Facebook from my Storm, along with the service book entry, Im only showing 1 calendar entry now, and I only sync with outlook on my pc.
    04-30-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD