I also posted this in the Blackberry Support Forums, but have yet to receive a single response. I figured someone might have an answer here due to the larger user-base:

Okay, so by now I think a majority of us have figured out we no longer need to have an e-mail address associated with our devices in-order to receive Facebook notifications.

My question is (now that all alerts are set to PUSH via the new API):

How do I customize what alerts I DO and DON'T receive in the new version?

Even though it may have been a bit of a nuisance, I DID rather like to be able to go into my Account Settings on Facebook and set what I did and DID NOT receive alerts for. I am now receiving non-stop alerts for just about EVERYTHING related to Facebook (and truthfully it's rather annoying, and not helpful.) I still would like to receive some alerts (i.e. Wall Posts, Personal Messages, etc.) but I don't care to see what EVERYONE else posts after I do.

Is there any solution to this or work-around in the meantime?

Thanks in advance...
    08-27-10 11:33 AM
    I'm having a similar problem, albeit the exact opposite.

I'm not getting ANYTHING. I suppose both issues are rooted in the same problem possibly, so I look forward to any help possible.

Edit: Turns out "Facebook for Blackberry" was disabled under Applications in Notifications under Account settings. Whoops. Now I'll probably have your problem.
    Disregard this post, sorry for threadjacking haha
    Last edited by connorse; 08-27-10 at 01:53 PM.
    08-27-10 01:49 PM
    With ur Pc goto FB--account settings--Notifications and turn off all wat u dnt want!!!!hope dis helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 09:45 PM
    I am now receiving non-stop alerts for just about EVERYTHING related to Facebook (and truthfully it's rather annoying, and not helpful.) I still would like to receive some alerts (i.e. Wall Posts, Personal Messages, etc.) but I don't care to see what EVERYONE else posts after I do.
    This is my biggest problem too!
    09-06-10 02:12 AM
    Thank you for this, I am having the same issue since this new version as well.
    I hope someone can help us here or FB/RIM please release a new version asap that fixes this crap.
    09-06-10 10:58 AM
    Agreed, I want to be able to pick and choose what type of notifications I get.
    09-06-10 11:55 AM
    ANy lucky guys?
    I've emailed facebook and blackberry numerous times.
    09-08-10 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD