Hi all!

I have the Facebook for BlackBerry app (1.2.0) on my Curve 8330, and it's been working fine for well over a year, but about 2 weeks ago, my Facebook messages have not been going through to my phone. Maybe 3 of my Facebook messages/wall posts/comments have showed up this entire time. It's very spotty. I haven't received anything for 4 days now, and when I check Facebook with my laptop, I can see a bunch of wall posts and messages. I have read a bunch of threads posted on here with a similar problem, and I have read the suggestions and followed them, but my phone is still acting up.

My Facebook "contact" email address is my BLACKBERRY.NET address, and all of my notifications are set to be sent to that email address. My settings were saved and updated on my Facebook account. I did all of this using my laptop.

I have tried restarting, logging out of the Facebook for BlackBerry app on the phone, changing my notifications, reset my notifications, everything, but none of this is working. Nothing seems to be working. I had my sister send me a few messages to see if my phone would get them, but all 5 have not shown up on my phone. It shows up when I use my browser on my BB, and online, but the messages are not showing up on the Facebook for BlackBerry application. I would like to stick with this version of the app and not the newer one. I have not changed anything on my phone, and the notifications stopped coming through on their own.

What can I do to get this working again? I would really appreciate the help.

Edit: I have also tried resending my service books, tried re-registering my host routing table and neither of these things has helped. I logged out of my FB for BB app and tried logging in again and there were no problems with that. I am still seeing messages on my facebook account when I log in on my PC, and I can see the same messages on my BB browser, but the facebook app is still not working.
    Last edited by starscollide; 10-14-09 at 01:36 AM.
    10-13-09 01:43 AM
    Hey, not sure if you found your answer along some other thread, but this is a very common problem between Facebook and Blackberry. I have the Blackberry Storm 9530, and this happens approximately every other month to my Facebook app. I installed the new 1.6 version last week, and my notifications have been dead since Thursday.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you want to look at it), the other threads on this site seem to indicate that the problem is not on the client side. Meaning there's nothing you can do from your phone. I don't know exactly where the problem is, either on the Blackberry or Facebook servers, but it exists from afar.

If you uninstall the Facebook application and start doing stuff on FB, you'll notice that you'll start getting the Facebook email notifications you would without the Facebook app. Basically, Facebook sees activity, sends you a notification, Blackberry receives the notification, notices you have the Facebook app, tries to send you a Facebook notification instead of an email one, and then things go kaput.

Two things you could still try are to do a battery pull, or uninstall and then reinstall Facebook. If those don't work, then all you can really do is follow some of the main Facebook problem threads in these forums and see when other people are saying their applications are working again.
    11-02-09 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD