Hey everyone! i don't know if any of you have this problem but every week or two my Facebook app on my BB curve keeps clearing all my messages? i dont know how to stop that, one minute i have a **** load of comments and messages form facebook on my BB and the next there all gone?

is there any way to disable that automatic clearing of messages?
    08-18-08 09:35 AM
    Do you have a low memory issue? Options>Status
    Your file free memory should be at least 10,000,000 bytes.
    08-18-08 09:37 AM
    I agree with plummer... Check your file free memoury.

Is this only an issue with FB messages, or are you losing anything else? Perhaps this could also be a setting with FB, not your device itself.
    08-18-08 09:38 AM
    UI dont want to be loud and wrong, but I think that either your phone is low on memory, or you need to do a reset on your bb. My facebook at the time wasnt automatically deleting messages. But I know those photo comment messages hault a lot of space.
    I know that sometimes if you messages are too full for your blackberry. It will flush your messages. Its frustrating but until Facebook puts out an upgrade version to fix the glitches, including the delay response for your messages. That's all we have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the quick reply guys, im trying to free some space right now. thanks again!
    08-18-08 09:45 AM
    Ok so I followed crackberry 101 on how to free some space and freed a buttlod of space and I still get the same problem. I woke up this morning and all my messages are deleted. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the real problem might be?

08-21-08 08:36 AM
    I am having the same problem
    - 12 to 16mb file free but Facebook messages disappearing
    - emails, phone logs, SMS remain in tact
    - Running OS 8310-v4.5.0.69_P2.7.0.72
    - Deleted app, restarted, reinstalled - no change
    - Messages arrive, hang around for a several hours and then are gone
    - Makes no difference if they are read or not
    - Able to send email and update status ok

Any help would be appreciated...

OB.
    08-26-08 06:22 PM
    FaceBook is not running well with 4.5. Many people have been having these types of problems every few days. Until FaceBook releases an update to address the issues. I don't think it is going to go away by itself.

Frouz ,is it just your FaceBook messages or more than that?
    08-26-08 07:36 PM
    I've never had this issue. Only time my msgs are deleted is when I get a memory leakage. Everything is wiped though....call log, emails, etc.

I do a soft reset daily or when i reach below 2MB.
    08-26-08 07:59 PM
    2 mb is way too low. You need to be shooting for 10-12mb free to avoid message loss and performance problems.

08-26-08 08:01 PM
    FaceBook is not running well with 4.5. Many people have been having these types of problems every few days. Until FaceBook releases an update to address the issues. I don't think it is going to go away by itself.

Frouz ,is it just your FaceBook messages or more than that?
    just facebook
    08-29-08 09:54 AM
    With 4.5.0.77 there have been problems with viigo. I don't use viigo myself but that is what has been said.

08-29-08 10:43 AM
    2 mb is way too low. You need to be shooting for 10-12mb free to avoid message loss and performance problems.

Easier said than done!
    That means I'd have to do about 3-5 soft reset daily.
    Maybe even more b/c right after a soft reset I have 12MB...5 means later it goes to 10-9MB. And a bit later after that it's at 7-6MB.

I know you'll probably recommend doing one of the free-memory steps (maybe John Clark et al) but I don't have time for that right now and I don't think it's right that in order for my BB to work properly I have to do something which was not meant to be done (it's not like this memory free up is recommended by RIM....KWIM?) Don't get me wrong I am grateful to have at least some sort of solution, but whatever happen to a phone having minor bugs and not such vital errors.

(BTW, I did do the regular cleaning, I don't have the video, apps I don't use, and I have a memory card.)
    09-01-08 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD