I'm having a really hard time getting the facebook mobile app on my blackberry, any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

When I try to download from blackberry.com, it tells me to connect my blackberry device to the USB, which it is, but it never installs.

When I try to do an OTA install through bb.com, it times out saying a connection cannot be established, I am assuming that is because I don't have BIS so I cannot connect to the app store.

When I send an email to the device it gives me links to 'open in app world' and download app world'

This is driving me insane, there has to be a way to get facebook on this thing with BIS. I am looking for the actual mobile app for curve 8330, not the facebook mobile link.
    01-29-10 12:19 PM
    I just deleted that POS app. I much prefer just using my browser for facebook stuff.
    01-29-10 12:43 PM
    I just deleted that POS app. I much prefer just using my browser for facebook stuff.
    Ditto. The app is far too annoying to even bother with, IMO.
    01-29-10 12:46 PM
    I'm having a really hard time getting the facebook mobile app on my blackberry, any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

When I try to download from blackberry.com, it tells me to connect my blackberry device to the USB, which it is, but it never installs.

When I try to do an OTA install through bb.com, it times out saying a connection cannot be established, I am assuming that is because I don't have BIS so I cannot connect to the app store.

When I send an email to the device it gives me links to 'open in app world' and download app world'

This is driving me insane, there has to be a way to get facebook on this thing with BIS. I am looking for the actual mobile app for curve 8330, not the facebook mobile link.

You can download it from here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ota...lx-cod-341636/
    01-29-10 01:14 PM
    Fyi that app takes up a lot of memory. It is better to access thru your browser.
    01-29-10 01:22 PM
    After deleting the face book app how do you remove the icon from the screen
    01-29-10 06:18 PM
    under the apps the facebook app disappeared but the icon is still on screen? How do I get rid of the icon permanetly
    01-29-10 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD