Long-time listener, first-time poster

Loving my new 9700 and finally got squared with my Google Sync and Facebook EVENTS seem to be synced. Birthdays, on the other hand, don't seem to be showing up. I had to subscribe to them independently within iCal (OS X user), but obviously we don't have that option on the device.

Any reason that Facebook Birthdays wouldn't be showing up on my device with all the Facebook integration (and basic, non-birth events) doing fine?

Thanks,

Noah
    12-03-09 02:48 PM
    How long have you waited since installing facebook and having those items sync? I also have a 9700 and all my birthdays are there. But I'm pretty sure that they can take some time to all sync and it isn't an instant calendar update
    12-03-09 02:51 PM
    Awesomely quick reply. Thanks!

The big question is - Why would my EVENTS sync immediately but the BIRTHDAYS not?

And how long did it take for birthdays to update for you?

N.
    12-03-09 02:54 PM
    Not 100% sure because I haven't been checking them specifically. But I know my contacts that sync usually took atleast overnight from when I first install facebook.
    12-03-09 03:08 PM
    A ha! Well, I guess that'll just take a little patience... Update in the morning...
    12-03-09 06:31 PM
    Also. Make sure your calendar is set to display the facebook calendar. Just incase they are there but its display is turned off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 07:43 PM
    Done. Like I keep saying - The Facebook EVENTS show up, which means part of my Facebook Calendar is synching, connected and groovy. It's specifically the BIRTHDAYS, which may have something to do with this "periodic" updating of contacts - How "periodic" is it?
    12-03-09 07:45 PM
    go to contacts/select one and sync with facebook contact then u get facebook birthday to show. but u have to sync each one so lame..
    12-03-09 07:57 PM
    go to contacts/select one and sync with facebook contact then u get facebook birthday to show. but u have to sync each one so lame..
    Ya but I had a bunch of my contacts auto sync without having to manually connect the dots so to speak. The contacts that I had auto sync have their birthdays. Hopefully giving it some time to load will help. Do you have anything else set to sync with your calendar? I wonder if there is a conflict.
    12-03-09 09:51 PM
    having the same thing with my bold 9700 atm, did ya manage to fix it? or did it update them after some time? tnx
    05-20-10 05:15 PM
    I don't think it does it anymore...
    Lame.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 07:38 PM
    ahh damn ;/ that blows ;( was waiting for a miraculous bday update in vain then :P
    05-20-10 08:06 PM
    same problem here, but it shows up after couple of day
    05-20-10 08:56 PM
    oh really? Do you actually have to put 'any' date when creating your new contact? or will it still grab the bday from fb even if it's set to none?
    05-21-10 06:31 AM
    Same problem here with my 9700. For the first time I downloaded and installed FB application, birthdays of my FB friends appeared on my calendar then when I reinstalled the app due to some network error, my friends birthdays disappeared! The events we're left though, example: concert, gigs... Etc.
    06-13-10 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD