I wiped my device yesterday and reinstalled .266 OS. Installed FB along with other apps. But now my calender now longer shows birthdays from Facebook. How do I fix this? Thank you!

-Panda
    05-27-09 04:43 PM
    I think the calender only shows birthdays when you select the sync the contacts on facebook with blackberry contacts option.
    05-27-09 05:12 PM
    Where could I find that options? Going to facebook website on my computer, going to facebook app on my phone or going to facebook website on my phone. I couldn't find it. thanks.
    05-27-09 06:15 PM
    Where could I find that options? Going to facebook website on my computer, going to facebook app on my phone or going to facebook website on my phone. I couldn't find it. thanks.
    Open up the facebook app on your phone then click the blackberry (menu) button and select options. Then select the boxes that say blackerry calender application and blackberry contacts application. Then save and exit. It may a take a little while for it to send the data to your phone and for the birthdays to show up on your calender. Also make sure you have the facebook or all calenders selected in your options on your phone.
    05-27-09 09:10 PM
    Open up the facebook app on your phone then click the blackberry (menu) button and select options. Then select the boxes that say blackerry calender application and blackberry contacts application. Then save and exit. It may a take a little while for it to send the data to your phone and for the birthdays to show up on your calender. Also make sure you have the facebook or all calenders selected in your options on your phone.
    I did all that last night, and this morning, it still hasnt shown up on my calender. Any other ideas?

Under Calender>Options>Facebook, there is a Wireless Sync option. I can't change that option from no to yes. hmmm.
    05-28-09 10:37 AM
    I got the option turned off and the bdays still show up
    05-28-09 10:54 AM
    YOu have to have you contacts connected to your blackberry contact list.
    Open facebook>friends>highlight a friend>menu>connect to blackberry contact
    05-28-09 12:30 PM
    Under calender > options > it shows 4 calender categories... My email, device default, and facebook is on there twice. Why is facebook on there twice?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 02:52 PM
    I did all that last night, and this morning, it still hasnt shown up on my calender. Any other ideas?

Under Calender>Options>Facebook, there is a Wireless Sync option. I can't change that option from no to yes. hmmm.
    You could try 2 more things either delete face book and reinstall it or you could delete your contacts and either resync them or add them all manually. I had a similiar problem when I upgraded the os and the second solution worked just backup your contacts and then resync them it worked for me.
    05-28-09 11:59 PM
    bump.

I'm having the same problem. I just had my storm replaced and after restoring my phone, i no longer get birthday's from facebook.

under calender->options. it is only showing my e-mail under calenders.

I have ensured all syncs are checked in the facebook app and given it a few days to do so, nothing.

any advice?
    07-20-09 03:00 PM
    anyone figure it out yet?
    07-20-09 11:01 PM
    I too would like to know this. I ended up deleting all the bday events on my phone and would like to re-sync it from facebook but nothing is working. I unchecked and checked the option on FB and still nothing. Anybody knows how to make the bday appear again?
    10-17-09 06:29 PM
    I think it takes a while for it to sync...

However, I wanted to remove the syncing of birthdays and when I unchecked the calendar feature on Facebook, nothing changed. Everything remained in my calendar and it has been that way ever since (months). I even deleted the facebook calendar entirely before and it re-added itself.
    10-18-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD