Running BB OS 5.0.0.975 on a Verizon Tour (9630).

I am a Facebook user, and have most of the email notification options turned on. "Recently," I started noticing that, "after a while," I would stop getting email notifications of things like, people posting on my wall, responding to a post, commenting on a picture, etc. I checked the email notification settings in FB and saw many of them were indeed turned off. I would turn the email notifications back on, then again, "after a while," they would get turned off. Frustrating, to say the least.

So, after several weeks of troubleshooting, I have figured out that this started after my upgrade to the most recent release of FB for BB by RIM (v. 1.9.0.20). When the FB app happens to quit or when I reboot, and then restart the FB app, that is when the FB email notification settings get wiped out.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is this RIM's fault or FB's fault? Any workarounds? Thanks for any help.
    01-09-11 04:25 PM
    The Facebook app does have the option to turn off all email notifications. It says you can turn them back on through the website. Not sure if it turns them off automatically.
    01-09-11 05:05 PM
    I don't have e-mail notifications enabled but my regular bb fb notifications turn themselves off sometimes when I reboot. Have to go into options, turn notifications off and save, and then go back and turn them back on and save. Very frustrating to say the least.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 05:14 PM
    Not sure if it turns them off automatically.
    It should not be turning them off automatically - but that's what's happening.
    01-09-11 06:08 PM
    Ahhh, so that's what's been happening to my email notifications! I've been going to my computer and turning the notifications on and saving, but then in a day or two the notifications stop again.
    Maybe I'm really NOT going crazy. ha ha
    01-10-11 10:15 AM
    anyone know if there is a fix for this, or do we just need to wait for an app update which hopefully doesn't keep doing this
    01-12-11 01:28 PM
    I don't receive any email notifications and don't see the need to since I'm instantly notified when someone posts or responds to me. Do you guys not have that on your facebook app or you like having both?

01-12-11 06:16 PM
    Like some others here, I had my FB account set to send messages notifying me about most events, when I used it only on my laptop. When I started using it on my BB, I stopped getting most of these messages, and in fact my settings had changed in my account.

I saw in the reviews that an older version was better? Is there a more reliable version that is still available, or would it not be compatible with current Facebook, or something?

Thanks in advance for any advice on what is the best way to use Facebook on my 9700 Bold, any tips and tricks, or just things to watch out for, if it's even worth it.
    01-13-11 02:28 AM
    I don't receive any email notifications and don't see the need to since I'm instantly notified when someone posts or responds to me. Do you guys not have that on your facebook app or you like having both?

When I am at home I use my computer so I like to get email notifications, I have set bis to not send fb emails through

Not at home, see msgs on bb
    When at home read the email

The way it is now I don't get notifications when sitting at computern unless I keep checking my bb

01-13-11 05:00 AM
    I want to receive most notifications, at home or on the road. But FB mobile turns the feature off in both places. Booo.
    01-13-11 05:11 AM
    When I am at home I use my computer so I like to get email notifications, I have set bis to not send fb emails through

Not at home, see msgs on bb
    When at home read the email

The way it is now I don't get notifications when sitting at computern unless I keep checking my bb

Exactly the same thing for me...I have my BB in my pocket most of the time at work so I want to see the notifications in Gmail on my computer. The notification disabling after reboot is irritating since I have quicklaunch automatically reboot at 5:30am every day. I resorted to not installing the FB app when I upgraded the OS and I won't do so until this bug gets fixed.
    01-15-11 04:07 AM
    I just noticed you guys are absolutely right! I've just re-set my email notifications for the 3rd time--- something is automatically turning off my notifications even though I set them "on".
    01-15-11 02:21 PM
    Running BB OS 5.0.0.975 on a Verizon Tour (9630).

I am a Facebook user, and have most of the email notification options turned on. "Recently," I started noticing that, "after a while," I would stop getting email notifications of things like, people posting on my wall, responding to a post, commenting on a picture, etc. I checked the email notification settings in FB and saw many of them were indeed turned off. I would turn the email notifications back on, then again, "after a while," they would get turned off. Frustrating, to say the least.

So, after several weeks of troubleshooting, I have figured out that this started after my upgrade to the most recent release of FB for BB by RIM (v. 1.9.0.20). When the FB app happens to quit or when I reboot, and then restart the FB app, that is when the FB email notification settings get wiped out.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is this RIM's fault or FB's fault? Any workarounds? Thanks for any help.
    I am having the same problems, and have been since middle of December 2010. I want to receive FB notifications via yahoo email, and I set it in FB-get notifications for a few hours-then FB has turned all notifications off. I initially thought it was a FB problem, but since I read your post, I think it's a BB problem. Can you tell me exactly what you did that caused your problem, and exactly what you did to correct it? What do I need to do in FB for BB options? Many thanks.
    01-16-11 10:00 AM
    Unfortunately, the options seem to be go in to FB and reset them manually, and wait for a fix from RIM.

Is there a place where people can submit formal bugs to RIM?
    01-16-11 04:13 PM
    Any of you guys Foursquare users? I've noticed through process of elimination on my Verizon Tour 9630 when I have Foursquare loaded on my phone I no longer get notifications. When I delete it off my phone, I get my notifications again. Work this way for anyone else?
    01-16-11 09:35 PM
    Any of you guys Foursquare users? I've noticed through process of elimination on my Verizon Tour 9630 when I have Foursquare loaded on my phone I no longer get notifications. When I delete it off my phone, I get my notifications again. Work this way for anyone else?
    I don't use Foursquare and I still have this problem. What version of the Facebook app do you have?

01-17-11 12:16 AM
    I do not use Foursquare, so that's not the problem for me. I think I may have it solved. This is what I did: in the FB app, under options, I checked "turn off email notifications" and unchecked any option regarding getting messages through FB, BBM, or anything. I then went to FB on the computer and reset all of my notification settings so I'd get them, as usual, through my yahoo email. I did a battery pull on the BB and rebooted. I didn't go back into FB options and change anything...left everything unchecked. That was over 24 hours ago, and my FB notifications haven't changed. Still holding my breath, but 24 hours is the longest I've gone between resetting my notifications in FB. Maybe I have it solved? I'm still curious what caused this in the first place.
    01-17-11 06:05 PM
    Same problem here, have been happening since late last year, real pain.
    I usually don't carry my bb on the weekends and have the e-mails forward to my nextel. Worked great but not since the e-mail settings keep getting cleared now.
    I don't need the e-mails on my computer just want them on both phones.
    01-19-11 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD