Hey all

Firstly, I must thank you for being the best forum for BB you always reply and give great advice !!

I own a blackberry bold from one month now and I am in LOVE lool !!! I installed the facebook for BB and I can update my status, photos, etc. But I don't get the notifications alert !! I just go to the mobile site to view if there are any notifications!!!

Is there anyway I can view notifications within the facebook for BB, as it will make much more sense that way?

Thanks
    11-08-08 02:48 AM
    I found, and this is strange, but if I have the email address of my facebook account activated on BB I get notifications. If I do not they never come on facebook app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 03:45 AM
    Same here, only I use the sms feature since I can't get push email.

11-08-08 05:41 AM
    Hi there,

On the Curve, I get an alert just as if I get a voicemail or text. It just has a little "F" next to it. I can click on that and it goes straight to my new message on Facebook. If yours still gives you trouble, you could use FB as your homepage so you always know.
    Sorry if you already got a reply like this. I just joined 5 minutes ago and this was the first post I read.....because since adding Facebook, my BB is acting slow and crashing. Anyone have similar problems?
    -D-

Hey all

Firstly, I must thank you for being the best forum for BB you always reply and give great advice !!

I own a blackberry bold from one month now and I am in LOVE lool !!! I installed the facebook for BB and I can update my status, photos, etc. But I don't get the notifications alert !! I just go to the mobile site to view if there are any notifications!!!

Is there anyway I can view notifications within the facebook for BB, as it will make much more sense that way?

Thanks
    11-08-08 06:39 AM
    FB works for me on my pearl. You have to go into your facebook setting and set your bb's email address as the address that notifications are sent to. ( Not an emails that is set up on your BB, but the actaul BB email address)
    11-08-08 08:02 PM
    philb's >> You're right !! It works. I just added another email account, the one I use for facebook and Voila !! I get notifications

yaaaaay ! Thanks guys
    11-15-08 03:21 AM
    Where can i get the new FB 1.3.0
    how do i find out if there are any other updated for my apps installed.
    11-15-08 03:49 AM
    You can get the latest version of Facebook from http://mobile.blackberry.com/

Last edited by SinisterJunkie; 11-15-08 at 08:35 AM.
    11-15-08 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD